Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

allergy shots what are your thoughts

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok so our son us going to be 9yrs old June 2 and his allergist keeps pushing the issue of giving him allergy shots but I am uncomfortable with it at this age has anyone else done allergy shots at this age with your kids?
Shannon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Replies (21-24):
jacqulinej
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM

i have found by eating for my blood type which i should not have wheat or milk products and when i ate for my blood type my sinus troubles went away, consipation also. and i have found when we eat food that we are not to have that it is the root cause of getting allergys from our enviorment. and it also helped me lose weight for i also found i was allergic to pork and it made me swell up. when on a diet for another condition no pork and i lost a lot of inches and dress sizes but at the dr's i only lost 3 lbs, how could this be but at a retreat they had a cook out and i ate 2 pork hot dogs and by the time i got home my angles were so swollen that answered my question and also my bipolar straighten out i did not have the extreme swings anymore.. good eating..smile

henzel3
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Thank you.

Quoting MELRN:

I had allergy shots from age 18 to 24-- my allergies are better then they used to be but not gone and like today when counts are high I popped an allegra D at 0700 :(  (me I am not a pill person but sometimes I just need to get through the day before I empty the tissue box

At 9 this is the issue....60% of what you are allergic to will change between age 12-21  generally later for boys earlier for girls  so my thought is this I'd wait until my kid went through puberty (1 year after onset) and then  re allergy test and let them make the decision with me...its a big commeiment for so so results..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by on May. 29, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I got them for over a year and then got pregnant so decided to stop. The amount that I had didn't make any difference either way.

Quoting ardiaxe:

I used to work as an allergy nurse. I mixed the vials of allergens thst were injected, did the allergy testing and gave the injections. I will be very honest in saying that I think it's a bunch of crock. People would get the injections for years and when I retested them, in hopes that they were better, they were just as allergic as they were years before.

ChristinaR
by on May. 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM

they ask me too, i told them, no, i wanted to see if the meds works he is on now...  plus, not all of it does not cover insurance, for a 6 months supply of shots, it would be 100 bucks, with insurance, not bad, still, i am trying  clarinex first

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)