Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

My boss brought his daughter to work today because she has chicken pox!

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 26 Replies

OMG!  How can he allow this?  Everyone here has children and not all our children have been exposed to the virus.  He KNOWS I have an 80-90 percent chance of getting shingles again if I'm exposed to the virus.  I had severe shingles several years ago and missed almost 4-5 month of work.  It bothers me that he never takes his employees health into consideration when his kids are sick.  He's brough them in with pink eye, the hand, foot and mouth disease, and who knows what else!  I've lost vision (electicity ?) in my left eye, and still suffer some damage when I had it on my face.  UGH!  I guess this is my week of venting! 

by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TerriC
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Oh no!  I would be mad too.  I can't believe he does that!!!!

PrincessZ20
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM

That's awful!  Can you report him to the HR department or anything like that?  It's plain rude and unconsiderate. 

Codysmom2106
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM
That's crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karamille
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you all should take up a collection to help him pay for a sitter

LittleBirdFly
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM

can you not call and complaine some where, HR, workers comp, heath office or something like that?

MELRN
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:52 PM

your boss is gross.  but you can't get shingles from exposure to someone with chicken pox.... a person with shingles CAN give  someone who's never had VSV (chicken pox )  the chicken pox  but it does not work in reverse......  if you have bad shingles it was from prior exposure to varicella...and stress causes the out break  

cant you call the labor board? 

teatyme007
by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Really? I was told by the doctor that diagnosed me years Ago that I could get another outbreak if I were to be around anyone with the active virus. Maybe it was before they had more facts. But he did tell me to take the rest of the day off. I was suicidal when I had it. It was the worst pain I'd ever had!

Quoting MELRN:

your boss is gross.  but you can't get shingles from exposure to someone with chicken pox.... a person with shingles CAN give  someone who's never had VSV (chicken pox )  the chicken pox  but it does not work in reverse......  if you have bad shingles it was from prior exposure to varicella...and stress causes the out break  

cant you call the labor board? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teatyme007
by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM
He is the owner! He's all the above!

Quoting PrincessZ20:

That's awful!  Can you report him to the HR department or anything like that?  It's plain rude and unconsiderate. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by Andrea on May. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Quoting karamille:

Maybe you all should take up a collection to help him pay for a sitter

Not a bad idea :)

heather.parks
by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I think if I would of saw that I would of just left and not say anything to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)