Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

What kinds of veggies do your kids like to eat?

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:17 AM
  • 17 Replies

And if they don't naturally like them, how do you sneak them in or howt do you season/spruce them up?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teenmama2twins
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:19 AM
My daughter loves peas and both my kids love corn on the cob.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Sonja on May. 25, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Everything!  Carrots, broccoli, spinach, brussel sprouts, bell peppers, etc.  We don't have access to a lot of fresh produce, because we live in a climate where it doesn't grow well, and we live far out of town, so if I stock up it goes bad, and if I buy what will keep, it runs out before we get back to town, so I do put extra frozen veggies into a lot of our meals to help our veggie count.  Spinach can go into just about anything from chili to soups, spaghetti to lasagna.   Broccoli can be added to pasta dishes, chicken recipes, and other things, and peppers are a quick flavor boost.

amonkeymom
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:40 PM

My kids are all different, but all 3 are good with broccoli, salads, onions to an extent, tomatoes sometimes.

My oldest isn't a fan of many other veggies but will eat bell peppers of any color, zucchini and loves mushrooms.

My daughter will eat mushrooms & carrots, if forced and will eat bell peppers but prefers the red, yellow or orange over green.  She loves avocados and a good salad.

My youngest has recently become a fan of cherry tomatoes, he loves how they explode when he bites down on them.  He'll eat baby carrots and loves broccoli.

TerriC
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

DD1 loves veggies!  Pretty much everything.  DD2 will eat (raw) carrots, cucumbers, celery, lettuce.  I sneak in pureed baby food veggies into my sauces and other recipes.

IQuitCounting
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

My son loves steamed broccoli the most, he'll eat it before anything else if it's on his plate.  He likes carrots uncooked and cooked if they're in soup or something.  Artichokes, and baby corn but won't touch normal corn.  Black olives, not green.

new_mom808
by Andrea on May. 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM

He's never been a fan of cucumbers or tomatoes. Other that those he'll eat nearly any veggeis I give him. He all time favorites are peas, broccoli and carrots. Sometimes he'll just ask for those instead of dinner. LOL

starry_dreamer
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Corn, sweet peas, green beans, steamed carrots, celery, cucumbers...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Mine love pretty much all veggies, and in pretty much any form :) 

We got pretty lucky, I think - but we never made a big deal out of veggies.

momma4vr
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:48 PM

my dd (2yrs old) loves her veggies... all kinds broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, salad, salsa, celery, avacados are her fave! onions tomatoes everything. i havent found a veggie yet she dislikes.

randomosityblog
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Carrots, broccoli, green beans, asparagus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN