Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Do you remember Mr. Yuk Poison Control Stickers? (+how to get some free)

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

Do you remember these stickers from when you were little? You can request a free sheet for your family.  The detergent post got me thinking about my mom having these on all the cleaners in the house when we were little.

Mr. Yuk has raised the awareness that poison centers are available 24 hours-a-day, every day of the year to assist in the management of poisoning emergencies and to provide poison information. Every Mr. Yuk sticker contains the name of the nearest poison center and the national toll-free “Poison Help” telephone number: 1-800-222-1222.  Regardless of your location in the U.S. or its territories, dialing that number will direct your call to the nearest regional poison center.

To request a free sheet of Mr. Yuk stickers, please send a self-addressed stamped business size envelope to:

Mr. Yuk
Pittsburgh Poison Center 
UPMC
200 Lothrop Street
BIR 010701
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
new_mom808
by Andrea on May. 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM

OMG, I totally remember those. I think we got them at school. Oh, I have to order some. I have no idea what I'll put them on though. LOL

TerriC
by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM

My girls have tons still, they got them in pre-school and we used them, but still have tons.  I loved them, really helped to teach them what was not ok to touch if they ever came in contact with it.

TonyaLea
by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quoting new_mom808:

OMG, I totally remember those. I think we got them at school. Oh, I have to order some. I have no idea what I'll put them on though. LOL

I know, I want to order some too just for nostalgic purposes.  I remember she used to have one on our phone (for the #)...one of those old rotary dial phones, LOL.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)