Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Uses for Almond Milk

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
  • 29 Replies

5 fun ways to use Blue Diamond Almond Breeze

by Moms Meet

Blue Diamond Almond Breeze is a tasty, healthy alternative to dairy milk. But after drinking it straight up (or alongside your favorite cookies!) and pouring it over your morning cereal, what else can you do with it? Plenty! Whether you're sampling Almond Breeze with your group or just curious to try it on your own, here are five more ways to enjoy this creamy dairy alternative.

Super smoothies Swap Almond Breeze for the dairy milk or yogurt in your favorite smoothie recipe. Or, make a double-almond smoothie with Almond Breeze, a spoonful of almond butter, a frozen banana, and a handful of your favorite berries.

Strawberry almond milk Make the most of strawberry season by blending the berries with vanilla Almond Breeze to make a sweet, pink drink. (Kids, especially, will love it!)

Allergy-friendly mashed potatoes If your family doesn't do dairy-but still craves fluffy mashed potatoes-make a dairy-free version by swapping the dairy milk for unsweetened Almond Breeze and the butter for nonhydrogenated margarine or olive oil in your favorite mashed potato recipe.

Easy chocolate pudding Over the stovetop, melt chocolate chips into vanilla or chocolate Almond Breeze, then whisk in a few spoonfuls of cornstarch until thickened. Refrigerate, then eat!

Cream of anything soup You don't need cream to make a yummy, velvety soup. Instead, use unsweetened Almond Breeze!

What's your favorite way to enjoy Blue Diamond Almond Breeze? Share your tips in the comments!

(http://www.greenmomsmeet.com/2012/06/5-fun-ways-to-use-blue-diamond-almond-breeze/)

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I usually just use it instead of milk when having cereal and the last time I had cookies, I dipped them in the almond milk-just as good as cow milk with cookies if not better!

I prefer the unsweetened vanilla.

TerriC
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I really like almond milk.  These are great ideas!

nonna4kids
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:12 AM
I make a pudding using a cup of chocolate and a scoop or two of Mila, my whole raw chia. Stir, let sit for 30 minutes. Lots of omega3 on this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Me too, thanks.  I've only ever used to it to make smoothies but I'll have to try these.  Just found them when I posted it.

Quoting TerriC:

Vertical15
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Interesting. I've never tried chia.  Does it add anything to the taste or does it still just taste like chocolate almond milk?

Quoting nonna4kids:

I make a pudding using a cup of chocolate and a scoop or two of Mila, my whole raw chia. Stir, let sit for 30 minutes. Lots of omega3 on this.

TerriC
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM

A friend of mine said she used it in baking (replaces regular milk) and that the cakes seem softer and more moist.

Quoting Vertical15:

Me too, thanks.  I've only ever used to it to make smoothies but I'll have to try these.  Just found them when I posted it.

Quoting TerriC:

new_mom808
by Andrea on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM

We love it for smoothies.
I personally loove it in chai lattes, or with coffee ice cubes.

jtjrpsmmy
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I love almond milk. The vanilla. As well as Coconut Milk and Silk Very Vanilla.

jesusgirl76
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I've never tried it, but it sounds good.

Vertical15
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Does she use the same amount that is called for milk? 

Quoting TerriC:

A friend of mine said she used it in baking (replaces regular milk) and that the cakes seem softer and more moist.

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting TerriC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN