Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Babies in theaters

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM
  • 23 Replies

I know some of you have done this but...is a movie so important that you take a baby, under the age of 3, to a midnight show?  So sorry for the shooting and it could have happened anytime and anywhere, but speaking of anywhere...what's up with Colorado?  

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM
4 moms liked this

AT that age and under, they tend to sleep through it. IMO, it isn't a big deal! We should be focused on the tragedy, not parenting choices!

Lettybug
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Yea I wonder thesame thing about Colorado
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM

If you can't get a sitter for the midnight show, wait until you can get one.  Shooting or not, the infant and 4 yo shouldn't have been at that movie, if for no other reason than movies like that are too loud for little ears.  

I used to be more laid back about kids in "mature" movies.  My mom took me to PG and R stuff when I was pretty young, but I was a super mature kid and the movies were usually ones I was interested in.  But I have had my enjoyment of movies infringed upon by parents letting their kids jabber, cry and run around too many times.

karamille
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Anyone who takes a kid that young to a non kid movie is inconsiderate jerk.  Nobody wants to hear a crying kid in a movie without a G rating.  If you can't afford a sitter, then you can't afford to go to the movies.  Wait for it to come to Redbox.  I bet I haven't been to the movies that wasn't a kids movie 4 times in the last 4 years because if we don't have a sitter, we don't go.  Its just the polite thing to do.  I won't kill you to miss opening weekend of a movie.  Life will go on. 

NananRaysmom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in Colorado.. My kids are 7&9..and we have taking our kids to movies since baies...sometimes drive ins...sometimes the theatre. No biggie. My kids never acted up....when they were younger they slept...if they did make noise we took them out. We have been to late movies...R movies..its never been an issue. We go to the movies a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

My breastfeeding babies have gone to movies, 

So I was *that* mother, and I would do it over again in a heartbeat.

nikki4eva88
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Who said anything about a crying child? I've been taking my daughter to movies since forever. NEVER once has she cried during a movie. And she just turned 3

Quoting karamille:

Anyone who takes a kid that young to a non kid movie is inconsiderate jerk.  Nobody wants to hear a crying kid in a movie without a G rating.  If you can't afford a sitter, then you can't afford to go to the movies.  Wait for it to come to Redbox.  I bet I haven't been to the movies that wasn't a kids movie 4 times in the last 4 years because if we don't have a sitter, we don't go.  Its just the polite thing to do.  I won't kill you to miss opening weekend of a movie.  Life will go on. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki4eva88
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Seems like all people do on here is judge! Tragedy just struck and people are worried about why parents brought their children to a midnight move....really?!?!

Quoting Mipsy:

AT that age and under, they tend to sleep through it. IMO, it isn't a big deal! We should be focused on the tragedy, not parenting choices!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM

With my first I was a single mom.  I would take my son as a newborn into the theater-I don't remember what times but he would nurse and sleep the whole time.

The only reason I don't take my other two is because I have the older ones now, too.  We only all go when its something for everyone, that everyone can sit through.

As for Colorado, my first thought was actually why that late with a baby but then I stopped myself and thought-I did it, too.  And now all I can think of is sympathy for those that were killed and injured.  Such a sad event.

ladylovemm
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM

We all are sorry for the tragedy, it says so in the post and it's heart felt.  I saw the young couple on TV and heard how they almost lost their infant, the father could barely talk for the held back tears.  I'm a mother of 3 children and, I'm sorry if it makes you mad, but I just don't feel a movie is THAT important that you have to take an infant, that late, to a movie. Their child could have died, not only in the shooting, but the trampeed. That's the difference between a mature parent and a young one...One thinks.  The other...just do what they want to do and justify it by saying "Everyone else does it." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)