Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

My child started preschool 5 weeks ago and wont stop getting sick

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 18 Replies

Ugh! so frustrating!!!! I was very careful in picking a preschool for my 2 year old. I got him into a top notch preschool with excellent cleanliness and security measures, but since he started he's been sick with what feels like everything in the book. Is this normal? any advice?

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DomsMom8207
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:07 PM
This happened to my son the first couple weeks, it will pass I think if I remember right his dr said it's good fr him to get exposed to germs because it will build his immune system up. After a few weeks my son would rarely get sick maybe a sniffle here n there but nothing serious. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomsMom8207
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Not to mention the fact that kids are lil germ magnets lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Welcome to land of the germ incubators.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by Andrea on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Totally normal. Whether it's when they first start day care, or preschool or kindergarten. It happens.

Is he coming home w/ colds or what?

vanessabracero
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM

He very rarely got sick and has been a healthy child. Now he's had colds, pink eye, stomach bugs. He went from a private home babysitter with one other child, to a setting of 15 or more.....

vanessabracero
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:30 PM
It just feels like its never ending and I feel soooo bad for him
norahsmommy
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I remember those days!! When my oldest started school she was almost constantly sick the whole year. Dh, myself and our other dd got every single thing she came down with. It was a miserable year. The next year was better, she was sick about half as much, and we didn't catch everything she had. The third year she only got sick twice. I think she had 1 cold last year and that was it. My second starts school and we will see if it happens to her too. I think it will but to a lesser extent than her sister. Hugs! This too shall pass :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Quite normal unfortunately.  I hope he builds immunity for you quick!

new_mom808
by Andrea on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting vanessabracero:

He very rarely got sick and has been a healthy child. Now he's had colds, pink eye, stomach bugs. He went from a private home babysitter with one other child, to a setting of 15 or more.....

We really like Elderberry syrup as an anti-virual and immune system booster. You can take it as a supplement but it can get costly. We use it at the onset of cold/flu symptoms. We use it occasionally as a preventitive measure, like when one of the kids at the sitter's came down w/ Fifths disease.

vanessabracero
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:29 PM

thanks so much ladies.....elderberry syrup? never heard of it, but you bet I will try it. Thanks for the replies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)