Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do you help your kids get a full serving of fruit each day?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM
  • 207 Replies
3 moms liked this

Ensuring your kids get a full serving of fruit each day can be tough but it doesn't have to be. We gave 50 CafeMom members one package of Juicy Juice Fruitifuls and asked them to try it with their family. With 35% less sugar than regular juice and all natural ingredients Juicy Juice Fruitifuls helps moms give their kids a full serving of fruit with every serving!

Tell us about your family. How do you help your kids get a full serving of fruit each day?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Here are some great responses from our CafeMoms!

My girls had the cherry flavor and said it was really yummy. I like the fact that it has less sugar and still tastes just as good as the others.

- sweetmommy811

My son took Juicy Juice Fruitifuls to school:) He loved them! I love the 35% less sugar! This will now be something we buy OFTEN!!

- starreyedcutie 

My oldest liked the apple juice and my youngest liked the fruit punch.  DH even liked them!  I admit, I tried one and was pleasantly surprised at the mild taste, not overpowering, they were very good."

- TerriC

deedee3849
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM
9 moms liked this

I give my kids a piece of fruit and they eat it.appleMy kids love fruit!

balagan_imma
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I give them access to fresh fruit and they eat it. I froze some grapes for dessert and my 7 yr. old picked them over ice cream.
MsRkg
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:30 PM

He has free full access to fresh fruit whenever he wants, I also use it in cooking, as well as making smoothies and frozen fruit pops , variety is keep, especially with a picky eater like my son.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

What a neat Influencer Program!  We buy a lot of apples and carrots because they last.  There are tons of tomatoes in our garden, and we freeze or can extras.

karamille
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM

They get way more than 1 serving a day.  At least 2-3.  And about 4-5 servings of veggies. 

frndlyfn
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:19 AM

We have her drink Apple and eve Fruitables which have 2 servings of fruit/veggies in them.  She also loves fresh fruit like apples.

minimo77
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this

How? Well, I open the fridge, or go to the fruit bowl and either hand them some or cut it up for them. They have free range of the fruit bowl for when they want a snack, so they get those themselves actualy. They eat probably 3-4 fruits a day, plus veggies, so its never been an issue or I've never had to try "sneak" fruit/veggies into them.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty much just leaving it out and visable does the trick in my house. :)

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting balagan_imma:

I give them access to fresh fruit and they eat it. I froze some grapes for dessert and my 7 yr. old picked them over ice cream.

We do frozen grapes & frozen blueberries. My five year old would eat those alone all day if I'd let him. lol

We also do smoothies. Cut up fruit, water, and a little crystal light lemonade packet, throw it in the blender & you're done! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN