Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do you help your kids get a full serving of fruit each day?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ensuring your kids get a full serving of fruit each day can be tough but it doesn't have to be. We gave 50 CafeMom members one package of Juicy Juice Fruitifuls and asked them to try it with their family. With 35% less sugar than regular juice and all natural ingredients Juicy Juice Fruitifuls helps moms give their kids a full serving of fruit with every serving!

Tell us about your family. How do you help your kids get a full serving of fruit each day?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Replies (181-190):
K9LEOWifeMomto4
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

My ds2 is 6 and just started Kindergarten. The only fruit he will even consider eating is watermelon. He has stated drinking grape and apple juice in the last 6 mos or so. While grocery shopping the weekend before school started, they were giving out samples of V8 Fusions new juice. He is in love with the apple one. He drinks 2 juice boxes of it every day for lunch and an apple juice for breakfast. One V8 Fusion juice box is one serving each of fruit and vegetable. He's getting his fruits and veggies now and not even realizing it!!!

Mommy2Emmau
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM

This is soooo not a problem for us!  LoL  My 4 yro could live off of fruit alone if I'd let her!  Whenever she wants a snack I tell her to grab something and its almost always fruit or yogurt.  : )  We keep lots of fresh fruit in the house on an average week we buy bananas, grapes, granny smith apples, and strawberries!  We go thru the fruit!

Samanthamommy
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Make sure they get plenty in their meals.

One_Awesome_Mom
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I give him fruit. Plain and simple. Duh... Geez, I wish I had been first to reply. This will probably never be seen and everyone will still wonder how to make sure they get fruit. 

4xsthetrouble
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 4:20 AM

I tell them to eat it. Plain and simple. I used to try to work around their phobia of fruit. I stopped. Eat the fruit. No cake, no cupcakes, to anything else until you eat the fruit. I make sure I have a variety and I include them in our grocery lists. I make sure to pick up something I know they'll eat, because they picked it out. 

One_Awesome_Mom
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 4:33 AM

Yes who needs a fruitables to give a kid fruit?? And with how much sugar is in those things, I mean really???!!!! Grape Juice from Welches has anyone checked out the ingredients and grams of sugar? Am I really the only one who looks at that? No I give him fruit and juice is a treat, the lowest sugar I've found is the kool aid twist cap plastic bottles that have 9 grams of sugar.

Marinefranksmom
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Actually, fruit was never a problem for my son, at any age.  He always ate apples, bananas, grapes, oranges, tangerines.  He enjoyed apple & orange juices & I'd mix them with seltzer to keep the sugar intake down & to keep him from wanting soda.  It was veggies that were the problem but I used to give him raw veggies & something to dip like ranch dressing or yogurt.  I imagine the same would work with fruit - apple slices with a yogurt dipping sauce, bananas dipped in peanut butter.  Kids like to dip, at least he did.  Now, his baby son is like him, will eat many fruits but not veggies yet. 

Mom2jngnc
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM

It won't be with Juicy Juice :) 

I don't have to sneak fruits or veggies into my boys. They were never big on Juice, so I don't buy it. It's water or milk, 90% of the time. 

I did recieve Berry and Apple juicy juice fruitfuls. I sampled one of each no flavor. It was wet and cold, but that was it. 

I have 4 boys who suck drinks down so fast that I don't think they ever taste anything, which is probably why they go through as much water as we do.

sheepinarowboat
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I provide fruit as does the school.  They are age 12 and 15.  I don't make them eat fruit if they don't want to.  Luckily they enjoy fruit so it's not an issue.

azwrapgirl
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I give my 12 year old daughter 1 serving of GREENS.....this is equivalent of 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables ~ she loves it! I just mix it in her OJ and she loves it - she actually ASKS for it!  So, I know my kid is getting everything she needs without forcing it. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN