Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

SWADDLING PLEASE HELP

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  • 23 Replies

I need to continue to swaddle my six month old. She keeps waking herself up at night by scratching or smacking herself or other things. She also is now breaking out of her new swaddle. (Walmart SUCKS). I want to get an ErgoCocoon but a friend said her little girl broke out of hers all the time. I NEED something that will wrap her super snug and she can't get out of, but I also want something that will let me access her diaper so I can change it at night and not wake her up. Pleeeeeease help. 

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

No help here, DD hated her arms bound and had to to have them free.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I swaddled mine with a blanket.  I've never even heard of all those things.

coreilly89
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM

She's 6m. She rolls over and bye bye blanket

coreilly89
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Can someone PLEASE give me some useful insight here?

The_Doodle
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'v ealways heard that around that age is when babies stop liking it.I never even used a swaddler, just receiving blankets. Have you tried swaddling her bottom part (starting at the ribcage) and putting the infant mittens on her to prevent scratching?

coreilly89
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

She smacks shit. Lol. She smacks herself, the side of her crob, she rips the pacifier out of her mouth. She will wake up immediately then start crying.

She's never liked the ast of being put in one, but immediately after she chills out and goes to sleep. It's needed for us to get some sleep. 

Alyson121
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I typically swaddled my children in cloth i bought from fabric shops because i liked to carry them on my back when i was working or out and about.  But they were swaddled on ME, so don't think that's the same thing.

And if the baby is 6 months, seems about the time the want to be free and start crawling around and sitting up, etc.  

coreilly89
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:34 PM

She does, but I only use it for sleep. It's the only way she will sleep. When she's awake she's allowed pretty much everywhere. However, sleep is not play time. It's sleep time. :/ So I can sleep. Then play with her when we wake up.

Quoting Alyson121:

I typically swaddled my children in cloth i bought from fabric shops because i liked to carry them on my back when i was working or out and about.  But they were swaddled on ME, so don't think that's the same thing.

And if the baby is 6 months, seems about the time the want to be free and start crawling around and sitting up, etc.  

MixedCooke
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:20 AM

yeah I just used a regular baby blanket--you fold one of the points down and place her there, then fold one point over, flip the one over her feet and tuck it, then cross the other end over her and tuck again.  Mine hated to be swaddled by 3 months though.  They were little heaters though. 

Have you tried just putting baby socks on her hands so she cant scratch herself?

MixedCooke
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM

You can also use rolled up towels and then put the sheet/blanket over that and then lay her in between them to prevent her from rolling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)