Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

i am concened......

Posted by   + Show Post

my son's liver enzymes are elevated and wonder why have any of you mommas heard of this and what can cause it? yes he does have asthma, allergies(both enviormental and food), celiacs diease, and an unpecified metabolic condtion. during the blood work they find that his blood sugar was 145 and just yesterday on the 14th his blood surgar was 100 in the pediatricans office.My son is 9 yrs old. we do have an appoitment with the gi dr on this friday at 5pm.

Shannon

*****update 1**** my sons gi thinks he might have nash (non-alocholic steatoheapatitis) and says i should repeat his bloodwork every three to four months and that i should also see an endocrynologist and a dietican. but i am going to speak to his pediatrician on monday and see what she thinks since she is going to be doing an A1C panel anyway so thats all i know for now and here is a website that you can find more info about NASH at http://iuhealth.org/riley/gastroenterology/diseases-conditions/nash/ this is were i have been able to find out more info on it about.

Shannon

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Replies (11-11):
henzel3
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Thank you ladies.
Shannon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)