Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Bumps on face

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter is 17 months old and for a while she has had some tiny red bumps around her mouth. I haven't changed her diet at all and they don't bother her or spread. My dad suggested it could be because she is teething and constantly has drool. I try to keep it dry and clean and wash it with dove soap whenever she is in the bath. They just won't go away. I am scared to put neosporin that close to her mouth. What do u guys think?
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
corrinacs
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

How long has the rash been there?  Did the rash start soon after eating foods/drinking milk?  IF so, then I'd lean towards allergies.

But, if not, then perhaps it is related to teething.  Just keep an eye on it.  If it seems toget worse, esp. with puss, I'd say its infection :/.  My son got an infection from using baby wipes on his face somehow.

xtwistedxlovex
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Try lanolin. It'll protect the skin - help it heal, even - and is safe to ingest. You should be able to find it near the diaper rash creams at most grocery stores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I would do a nipple cream to see if that will help.  Those are usually safe for around mouth.  Call her doctor and see if they want to check it out as well.

egyptian_mommy
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM
It very well could be from the increase in drool. Try lanolin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by Andrea on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM

How's she doing?

mle4884
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM
It cleared up a little bit on its own but I realized today when she had her paci in her mouth that it was just underneath the area of the paci and she had a lot of drool built up and the bumps had come back. Usually she only has a paci to sleep with but today she got it from her bed and had it most of the day. I really believe now it's the drool. I am going to get some lanolin Tom. And try keeping the paci out of her mouth for a while. Thanks for asking!
JaxMomma78
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM
If/when she does have her paci make sure it's clean. I mean not only the nipple part, the frame of it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)