Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Cantaloupe recall

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:03 AM
  • 11 Replies
Do you have any cantaloupe in your house? The CDC has issued a recall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
egyptian_mommy
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I did... Any more info?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM
What I heard this morning was that originated from a farm in Indiana.
Stickers from the grocery stores will say the state they came from.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

I did... Any more info?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karamille
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes we do and we live in indiana.  Our grocery store has signs hanging up that their melons are not effected by the recall.  I eat cantaloupe daily right now for potassium.  Potassium.  Every time I spell the word "potassium" i have to double check that I didn't actually spell opossum instead.  I'm guessing opossums don't have has much potassium as cantaloupes.  =P 

TerriC
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

No, that is one melon I am not that fond of.  I'll eat it, but I don't usually buy them.  My Mom called and told me about it.  I guess it is from a place in IN, but they ditribute to many places.  These recalls with food are getting crazy!

egyptian_mommy
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Lol

Quoting karamille:

Yes we do and we live in indiana.  Our grocery store has signs hanging up that their melons are not effected by the recall.  I eat cantaloupe daily right now for potassium.  Potassium.  Every time I spell the word "potassium" i have to double check that I didn't actually spell opossum instead.  I'm guessing opossums don't have has much potassium as cantaloupes.  =P 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM
no...we do not eat it.
balagan_imma
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM

We ate cantaloup all summer when we were out of the country. The kids were very disappointed when I wouldn't buy one yesterday.

PrincessZ20
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Yikes, I have one in my house!  It doesn't have a sticker on it though, so I don't know where it originated :(  I guess I'll have to get in touch with the co-op guy to find out!

PrincessZ20
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM

ROTFL!  No, I don't imagine so :)

Quoting karamille:

Vertical15
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Thankfully ours was locally grown!  Thanks for the heads up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN