Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Worried about get mosquito bites?

Posted by   + Show Post

Since the west nile virus is spreading in Texas, my family likes to camp but I have know desire because of this virus.  I worry that they might get it.  This type of thought process is exhausting. 

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Replies (11-15):
Alicegood
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Wow, thanks for all this great advise!   Love it.....I will be trying everyone of the suggestions.

Vertical15
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Someone at my job recently said this.  I don't normally buy dryer sheets but think I might now!

Quoting pampire:

Dryer sheets in your pockets help ward off mosquitos.  We use it everytime we camp.

isaiahsmomma86
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM

my son cant go outside without getting bit. We were outside for just a few minutes the other day and he came in with three big bites. Sprays dont work, I'm the same way, i get eaten alive. I'm not sure what you could do if you're going camping, i just try to only take him outside earlier in the day, keep him in during the evenings when the bugs start getting bad. 

My mom has these cit

isaiahsmomma86
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM

i hate this laptop. lol hit reply somehow. 

anyway, my mom has these citronila candles she takes camping with her, i cant for the life of me remember the name of them, but they put them around where they camp and never have an issue. Maybe they're tiki brand candles, i think that's it.

OilyMama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I use Young Living's Purification oil.  Its an awesome repellant! If interested, let me know :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)