Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snacks

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM
  • 13 Replies
In your opinion, how much is too much?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TerriC
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 6:40 PM
If it is healthy, I let them snack away! If they choose fruits and veggies, they can have all they want. Cookies, etc a limit of 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by Andrea on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I agree w/ Terri. He can have all the fruits and veggies he wants.

I just bought some dehydrated mango, and organic peanut butter crackers for snacks for the week. He'll be allowed a handful (his hands) of the crackers and 3-4 mangos at a sitting.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:17 PM

My kids get a snack daily. I make heavier meals and it keeps them filled up pretty well.

mamivon2
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Fruits and veggies even pb sandwiches I dont really care..sometimes I even tell them to finish the bread or it will go bad.. We still have 3 bags of chips (open) in the house from a cookout we had 2 weeks ago.. they dont want to eat them.. My dd rather eats a fruitcup then chips..

Leelee1008
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM

we usually give out 3 snacks a day, its normally some type of cracker or fruit or something of that nature. we do allow cookies and other fun things in our house as well.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM

It depends what they are snacking on.  Though if a kid is plowing through an entire bowl of popcorn (we pop a big serving bowl to share), then we need to talk.  Otherwise, I pretty much let them have a lot of veggies, lots of fruit if we have it, and a limit of one of whatever it is if we're close to being out. One yogurt, and a small amount of other "snacky" foods like crackers, cookies, gogurts, etc.

hopealways4019
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:07 AM
I have to admit, my children eat too much sugary snacks, which causes them to be bouncing off the walls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:03 AM

When it prevents them from eating their regular meals.

batjmom
by Sarah on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I agree with Terri.   My kids seem to eat all day ...but its all healthy snacks so I dont care. 

Quoting TerriC:

If it is healthy, I let them snack away! If they choose fruits and veggies, they can have all they want. Cookies, etc a limit of 2.

PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I think it depends on the kid and what the snack is.

If Alex eats anywhere close to dinner time, he's not hungry for dinner.  Carter, on the other hand, can eat all day long and still gobble up his dinner!

We limit sugary snacks regardless, though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)