Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

blankets

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

DS is almost 10 mo and he tosses and turns all night long.  he is ALL OVER the place when he sleeps!  last winter he was still a tiny baby, so he was swaddled, but now he is more free.  over the summer its fine because he doesnt need blankets, but now that the weather is getting colder i worry about him getting cold at night. 

any one else's child do this?  any suggestions??

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:12 AM
My Ds does he is 11 1/2 months he has started making a pillow with his blanket so now I use to of them but I still have to cover him up sever times at night. It's still hot down here in Texas so it's not a huge problem. But once it gets cold I am getting him warm footie pjs so I don't have to worry about him getting cold at night
TerriC
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:24 AM

My gilrs were both born in winter, so I understand.  What I did when they were older and winter came arounf again is put them in heavier footy pj's.  Problem solved, they were warm and toasty.  =-)

MELRN
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

there are footie blanket pj's out there ---Target has them  get a few of them  and for real cold nights use a long sleeve t and socks under the pjs

Vertical15
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I'm with the other ladies-footed pajamas, blanket sleepers.  I have three winter babies (Nov, Dec, and Jan!)

snowak07
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Blanket sleeper!

PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Mine are both like that!  I just make sure to put them in warmer PJs when it's colder.  We keep out house at about 68 in the winter, so it's really not that cold, even if they're uncovered.

They make great sleep sacks as well, if you're worried about him getting too cold :)

egyptian_mommy
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Fleece footie pjs aka blanket sleepers. They are awesome. I've got kids who never keep the covers on either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicholy10
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I used to put my son is thick footie jammies, and went in to cover him up before I went to bed, and my husband does as well before he goes to bed, if we get up in the night we check on him and cover him up again. 

I'm kinda nervous this year though, I know he's 3 but he's too big for warm fuzzy footie jammies... Now what??? Cuz he so still moves all over.

My 3 week old, I plan to swaddle a bunch, and use footie jammies. :o) 

new_mom808
by Andrea on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I cant remember what we did at that age. At one pointe we used a larger blanket that we could tuck all the way under his mattress so I knew it couldnt come loose. He also has 2 very loosely knitted blankets that have always been his security item. I've always let him have those, because I know he can breathe.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Footie pajamas to the rescue! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)