Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

My son's results

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM
  • 15 Replies
You may remember I posted about my 4 year old's Autism eval a few weeks ago. Today we went in for the results. Well, they're inconclusive. The dr said that at this point she can't say that it isn't Autism and she can't say that it is, he's just too complicated. As of right now she is giving him the label of Anxiety NOS so we can start behavioral therapy which she said is absolutely necessary. She also said there are several other things it could be but it's clear that there are issues. She wants to reevaluate him in 6-12 months after he's established in therapy and school. She also recommended that we put him in a structured activity such as martial arts so that he has more structure and is around other kids but he doesn't have to interact with them directly much.

He also starts his special education preschool tomorrow. He hasn't responded to his teacher either time he's seen her but she seems nice. The class sounds pretty structured so hopefully he'll adjust well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karamille
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Well at least they gave him some type of diagnosis so he can access services.  Sorry you didn't get more conclusive answers.  

TerriC
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Glad you got some answers and hope the immediate solutions help him.  Keep us posted on his progress!

new_mom808
by Andrea on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Hope the therapies and additional structure help him. I know it's not exactly the clear cut diagnosis you were looking for. Do you feel encouraged?

egyptian_mommy
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Thanks guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I feel...conflicted. On one hand it isn't the clear cut answer we had hoped for. On the other hand it's a start and he will be getting the therapy he needs.

Quoting new_mom808:

Hope the therapies and additional structure help him. I know it's not exactly the clear cut diagnosis you were looking for. Do you feel encouraged?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I will.

Quoting TerriC:

Glad you got some answers and hope the immediate solutions help him.  Keep us posted on his progress!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Here he is on his way to his first day of school today. He was nervous and wouldn't let go of my hand at first but then the teacher took him by the hand. She said he did great. I asked if he had fun and he said "I think so."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I'm sorry you didn't get anything more concrete, but at least it's something! 

I hope the preschool helps :)

PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Aaaw, how cute!  Glad it went well!

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Here he is on his way to his first day of school today. He was nervous and wouldn't let go of my hand at first but then the teacher took him by the hand. She said he did great. I asked if he had fun and he said "I think so."

TerriC
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM
He is precious!

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN