Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

What do you do

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM
  • 10 Replies
When your kids decline to eat their meal?'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karamille
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I would wrap it up and stick it in the fridge and not make a big deal out about it.  If they came back later and said they were hungry, they would get that meal right back.  :)  

TerriC
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:29 AM

The same, if they are making it a big issue.  I excuse them from the table and put their meal aside.  When they ask for a snack later, they get their dinner.  If they refuse, they get nothing.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM

He has to sit at the table until we're done, regardless.  Like Karamille and Terri, if he's hungry later he can have dinner back. I do make exceptions if it's a new dish. As long as he tries 3 bites, he can have an apple instead.

Vertical15
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Nothing.  They get hungry by the next meal!

PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM
If they don't eat breakfast or lunch, they can have it as a snack when they whine about being hungry. If it's dinner, then they just go to bed without eating.
mommaFruFru
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:04 AM
They can either have their meal when they are hungry, or if its something they truly dont like ill offer something else,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like everyone is in agreement as far as not giving in and catering to them as if you're running a diner. I don't either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM

They can eat now or they can eat it at the next meal time.  Yesterday I had two kids miss lunch because one said she wasn't hungry and one didn't put her stuff away and come after I'd called her four times.  And I know she heard me, because we had an entire conversation about putting her curling iron away and getting her lunch immediately because it was going to be time to go soon.  She has lost her curling iron for the week, and she's got limited mirror privileges too since she seems to think that she has exclusive rights to all of the mirrors in the house and needs to be in front of them CONSTANTLY! 

They ate supper after we stacked wood when we came home from church.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM
we put it in ref and he can eat it when he gets hungry but he can not have anything till he eats his dinner all.
2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM

nothing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN