Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health
I'm pretty sure I have spider bite or something on my arm. It's a little scanned over area about the size of a pin head with a pretty decent sized red circle around it (probably about 2-3" in diameter), and it's warm to the touch. I'm planning on going to the doctor to get it looked at in the morning.

I've got a few other miscellaneous bumps as well, but none of them seem infected like this one is.

Does anyone have any experience with anything like that? I'm about 5.5 weeks pregnant, so that's making me extra nervous about this whole situation!

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Vertical15
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't mind looking at them outside but not in my house!  We get HUGE ones around out house-wolf spiders I think.

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting Vertical15:

Yikes, spiders freak me out.  Let us know how it goes!

I don't mind spiders, but I don't want them on me, lol.

It turned out to be a staph infection, not even a spider bite.  Not sure if that's better or worse, lol!  They hooked me up with some antibiotics and are doing a culture, I'm guessing to check to see the cause and if it's MRSA, so they can adjust the antibiotics if necessary.

AimeeE
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Make sure you keep it covered up really well just in case.  MRSA is VERY contagious and nasty!

PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AimeeE:

Make sure you keep it covered up really well just in case.  MRSA is VERY contagious and nasty!

Yep, I'm keeping it covered!  DH had MRSA a few years ago, so we know the drill :)

sunshine86912
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM

when it doubt..call an advice nurse

egyptian_mommy
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM
How is it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZelda89
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM
:o that's scary! Hope everything turns out okay! :(

Quoting PrincessZ20:

I went to the doctor this morning, and it's not even a spider bite at all - it's a staph infection! 

So I'm on antibiotics while they run a culture to see if it's MRSA or anything else. 

Thanks for all the feedback!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

How is it?

It's not really better, but not really worse.  I want to say they said it could take up to 4 days before the antibiotics really did much, but I could be totally making that up.  I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the results of the culture don't come back with MRSA or anything like that!

Thanks for asking :)

PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Quoting PrincessZelda89:

Totally random and unrelated, but the Z in my screen name is for Zelda, so we have almost the same name, lol. 

PrincessZelda89
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:29 AM
:D awesome!!! Haha! I'm a huge fan of LoZ. I have a triforce tattoo. XD

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting PrincessZelda89:

Totally random and unrelated, but the Z in my screen name is for Zelda, so we have almost the same name, lol. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I'd go in.  Most of the time mine have gone away with benadryl, but you never know, that is huge, and definitely no taking chances if you're pregnant!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)