Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

baby with a cough :(

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

10 mo old DS has had a bit of a cold lately.  he is ok during the day, a bit cranky, but nothing we (or he) cant handle.  the prob is at night!!  i am a firm believer in only medicating if it is needed.  the only thing we have given him has been tylenol for the discomfort (and for the fever he had the other day). 

i have put some blankets in his crib to prop his head up a little bit and it seems to help.  (untill he rolls all over the place hahaha)

any suggestions?

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
henzel3
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Try putting some baby Vicks on his chest and put some on his feet then a pair of his little socks it works I know because I have done it.also use a cool mist humidifier. Good luck momma hope he feels better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:54 AM

VAPORIZER !!!!  either the old fashioned one with water  or they have plug in ones by vicks or pedia care ( i think).. I dont consider that medicating rather aiding the breathing.  Also a steamy bathroom may help.

Fields456
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:59 AM
He could be having allergy issues which can flare up at night after drinking formula or even breast feeding and then being laid down. I would take him in and make sure he isn't sick and your pedi can tell you over the counter meds he can take. You can also try baby Vicks on him feet with socks or a humidifier.
JaxMomma78
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I just feel so bad, I hate hearing my baby cough! Now he is so stuffy he it's a having a hard time nursing. Gonna call the pedi today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by Andrea on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

We put the rolled blankets under the mattress so the whole head of his mattress was elevated.

Try a cool mist humidifier as well.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Oh, also a warm bath w/ euclyptus oil is good for sinus congestion.

egyptian_mommy
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:32 PM
This is what I would suggest too. Hope he feels better soon.

Quoting new_mom808:

We put the rolled blankets under the mattress so the whole head of his mattress was elevated.

Try a cool mist humidifier as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Poor litte nugget!  I hope he feels better soon. 

We would do the elevated position (on the worst nights I would sleep sitting upright with baby on my chest), and some baby vaporub type stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)