Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health
What do you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Replies (11-14):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I am not excusing them by any means, but I also want to mention that the food thing with our 16 year old runs a lot deeper, as do many of the difficulties our 11 year old has.  We are trying to teach them what is right, but with love.

They were abandoned by their birth mother, our 16 year old after being dragged around the state for about a year when she was younger.  She did not go to school, did not have a home, and lived with mom's boyfriend after boyfriend or on a friend's floor.  Hoarding food is a natural reaction for a child who has gone without, hence the candy wrappers under her pillow, and various other tells.  

I find myself writing a novel, because there's much more to tell, but I'm sure there will be something to share about later :).

frndlyfn
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:37 AM

DD gets disciplined immediately . Not sure what to do about other children though since they are outside my jurisdiction.  She will typically lose a privelege and then apologize for lying to the person.

raegan1221
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:39 AM

My boyfriend's daughter is 10, and she lies sometimes. She is a lot better now. She lies basically as a way of survival at her Moms. But bf has custody now so the lying is sooo much better. But when she did, she'd get in trouble and we'd send her to her room. She knew it was wrong.

mrswillie
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:21 AM

It depends on what the lie was about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN