Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Sons legs shook while asleep!! Help!!

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:55 AM
  • 18 Replies
Hi my son is 5 he not very often is a sleepwalker/sleeptalker and tonight as i went to check on him while he was sleeping i noticed his legs were shaking uncontrollably. I of coarse got scared and tried to wake him. Kinda hard because he was in a deep sleep but he did wake up and his body was jittery for a couple seconds then he jumped up and said he had to go pee. When he got back to bed he fellback asleep with no shaking or jitters. He has no fever cold etc. Should i be worried he has a dr appt tues for a flu shot should i mention it then?. Thanks for any advice as of rightnow hes sound asleep.

toddler boy

by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gcstar42
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Could he have been cold? Having a bad dream? Or maybe it just had something to do with him needing to pee?

DomsMom8207
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Quoting gcstar42:

Could he have been cold? Having a bad dream? Or maybe it just had something to do with him needing to pee?

No definately not cold, and he usually doesnt do this when having to go pee while asleep. Bad dream probably not because he didnt seem like he was having a bad dream. Could have to do with needing to pee though. Thank u

toddler boy

frndlyfn
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 3:22 AM

It could just be one of those odd things.   He could have restless leg syndrome which is no big deal.  My dd is a flopper , she will travel her whole bed while she sleeps.

Jenniy
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 3:23 AM

My son's legs did that, turns out he was having seizures.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Sure, I would absolutely mention it. But I wouldnt let it stress you until then. Keep an eye on him and see if he does it again. Maybe it was a one time thing, maybe there is a pattern. Maybe he was running in his dream. Maybe it was because he had to pee. I often dream that I have to pee when I have to go IRL. Whatever wakes you up, LOL.

DomsMom8207
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Quoting new_mom808:

Sure, I would absolutely mention it. But I wouldnt let it stress you until then. Keep an eye on him and see if he does it again. Maybe it was a one time thing, maybe there is a pattern. Maybe he was running in his dream. Maybe it was because he had to pee. I often dream that I have to pee when I have to go IRL. Whatever wakes you up, LOL.

Lol ok thanks ill mention it to him on tuesday. Hopefully it wont happen again

toddler boy

DomsMom8207
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Quoting Jenniy:

No i dont think it was seizures, ive seen those first hand and he had non of the signs. But thank u

toddler boy

Jenniy
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Good luck :)

Quoting DomsMom8207:

Quoting Jenniy:

No i dont think it was seizures, ive seen those first hand and he had non of the signs. But thank u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I would bring it up to the Dr and keep an eye on him between now and then.  I hope the best for you both!

DomsMom8207
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Quoting Vertical15:

I would bring it up to the Dr and keep an eye on him between now and then.  I hope the best for you both!

Thank u

toddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)