Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Sons legs shook while asleep!! Help!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi my son is 5 he not very often is a sleepwalker/sleeptalker and tonight as i went to check on him while he was sleeping i noticed his legs were shaking uncontrollably. I of coarse got scared and tried to wake him. Kinda hard because he was in a deep sleep but he did wake up and his body was jittery for a couple seconds then he jumped up and said he had to go pee. When he got back to bed he fellback asleep with no shaking or jitters. He has no fever cold etc. Should i be worried he has a dr appt tues for a flu shot should i mention it then?. Thanks for any advice as of rightnow hes sound asleep.

toddler boy

by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Replies (11-18):
egyptian_mommy
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM
It wouldn't hurt to mention it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Since you already have an appointment, I'd definitely go ahead and mention it!

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM

He might have had a nightmare.  I would ask the doctor if you're concerned, since you're going in anyway.

deedee3849
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I'd talk with the doc about it but my son did that as well a few times when we were co sleeping and it freaked me out. The doc said it was no biggie. It kinda reminded me of when our puppies used to do that in their sleep lol. There minds are asleep but their little legs are still going =)

DomsMom8207
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Quoting deedee3849:

I'd talk with the doc about it but my son did that as well a few times when we were co sleeping and it freaked me out. The doc said it was no biggie. It kinda reminded me of when our puppies used to do that in their sleep lol. There minds are asleep but their little legs are still going =)

LOl yea it kinda looked like sleeping puppies luckily it didnt happen again last night. Thanks

toddler boy

jessicasmom1
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:27 PM

good luck

Madelaine
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Have it checked out.

TerriC
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Couldn't hurt to bring it up at his appointment since you'll be there anyway! Let us know what the doc says!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN