Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Bladder Infection

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

So over the last few days my 21 month old daughter has been grabbing herself and fussing when she pees. I finally looked at her private and it is blood red in there. my pediatrician says she doesnt have a fever so she is fine but I cant believe that she is fine when she is constantly pullign at herself and telling me "ouch" has anyone else ever had this problem before, I am afraid by the time she runs fever it may be a lot worse.  Please help!

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MELRN
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM

that actually sound more like external yeast infection-- try zeasorb powder  or get an RX for nystatin--and don't let anyone with long nails do her diaper---

Vertical15
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM

My first thought was a yeast infection, too. I would call the Dr back or get another opinion.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Have her eat some yogurt.  I'd have the doctor check her for a yeast infection.  Make sure you keep clean and dry (well as dry as you can).

TerriC
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM
If it is still bothering her that bad, I'd talk to the Dr. again. Hope she is feeling better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Did you call the nurse's line or actually take her in? 

If you haven't taken her in, I would - sometimes describing it doesn't do it justice.  Have they run a unianlysis? 

Cranberry juice is good for bladder infections.

egyptian_mommy
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM
It could be a yeast infection. If the pedi didn't actually see her, having it looked at might not be a bad idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM
That sounds stupid. My kids hardly ever get fevers. My dd had a uti, no fever... My ds had ear infection after ear infection (11 to be exact) before he got tubes, never an ear infection. She would need a urine sample tested to determine a bladder infection/uti.... I would find a new doctor... Take her to an urgent care to get checked out in the mean time... But it sounds like a yeast infection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)