Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

My son is fully vaccinated, but I don't ever get him the optional shots like the flu shot. I'm not comfortable with them, because the flu shot made me pretty sick. The doctor recently reccommended I let go of my reservatiosn of the flu shot and start getting it for my son because his Reactive Airways is getting worse and he's getting sick a lot. What would you do? What are your thoughts of flu shots? Got any information about flu shots? 

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Replies (41-42):
saraface5383
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM

my boys dont get the flu shot.they are all fully vaccinated but the one time I got a flu shot I got sicker than shit. so if they get the flu, they get it.

IQuitCounting
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I didn't do flu shots when my son was small since he wasn't exposed to other kids and such very often so I didn't think the risk was great enough to require the shot.  Last year I got super sick with the flu (I didn't have the shot, silly me), bad enough to land me in the hospital, and I was SO grateful that my son had gotten the flu shot that year (and this year too).  Even so he got a mild case but without the shot it could have been much, much worse.  I think it's a matter of weighing the benefit against the risk of exposure.  While the shot can make you a little sick (a serious reaction doesn't happen often) the flu can hit you hard and even run the risk of causing Pneumonia.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN