Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

1mth old crying every single night!!!

DD will be 1mth old tomorrow and she is a great baby during the day but from 9pm on she screams!! She will scream and scream for a few minutes then calm down and try to go to sleep, then it starts again. We have tried gas drops and she's on Prilosec for reflux and she's still doing it. What's wrong???
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Replies (11-18):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:51 AM

My youngest did that for a couple of months.  All anyone could ever come up with was that she was collicky.  I would hold her tummy down on the flat of my hand, either facing out, or flat, like an airplane, and bounce, swing, jiggle, or rock her till she went to sleep.  

Bob192
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I've had two kids with reflux and both of them had to try several medications before they found one that worked.

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:05 PM

sounds like colic maybe. I'd call the doctor.

alicechavez13
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM
My premier was the same way, what helped him was when I changed his milk to good start gentle on tummy, plus zantac regularly, swaddled him tight, and he slept in his vibrating bouncer until he was about 5 months. His Dr recommended we do all this, and it worked wonders. Good luck I know how frustrating this can be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apple1
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I agree, I would call the doctor.  Also, I would look at food allergies like some of the other mom's posted.  It could be dairy or gluten.  My son had horriable colic and it turned out that he was allergic to both diary and wheat and had horriable acid reflux.  I hope she feels better soon!

Karen2313
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I really think you should call your doctor. The only thing I can think of is colic. Hope you can find out what is going on.

TATUMSMOMMY456
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM
I tooke her to the Dr Friday and they changed her to lactose free formula. We have been doing Enfamil Prosobee since Friday afternoon and she is a little better. Still fusses right after finishing a bottle like she's starving but I just rock and bounce until she goes to sleep. Since starting the new formula she fights the bottle while she's eating. She turns her head and cries with the bottle in her mouth.
t4w
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM

My daughter did that, and I figured out that she was OVER TIRED!! Try getting her to bed for th night earlier, and hour would be a good start! Hope this helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)