Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son has always had a Hip antiversion where his hips are rotated to much. Well we've seen Orthopedist twice and both times said just let it go till he's 8 and if not better then we will see what can be done. Son now shes a neurologist for headaches and restless legs, and was referred to PT. PT has said that we do indeed need therapy and he will also be getting SMO braces. I am not worried about the braces as i cared for child with AFO, my concern is my son adjusting to them and accepting them. He's 3 so this is going to be a change for him, does anyone have any ideas to get him used to them?

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Replies (11-13):
new_mom808
by Andrea on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I havent personally had to deal with anything like this. But several of my friends have had kids who have. They constantly surprise me with how resilient they are and how well they adjust. Better than most adults I know would.
I like the bionic legs idea. :) Good luck.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM

3 is still young enough to get used to them :).  I would have him wear them a little at a time first to get used to them.  Then just tell him how important they are to help him stand and walk straight!

batjmom
by Sarah on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I dont have any experience with this.  I hope someone is able to help you. 

Welcome to the group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)