Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Do your little ones put themselves to sleep like this or do they need more help?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Twin Toddlers Put Themselves to Bed & Even Their Mom Is Shocked 

Posted by Adriana Velez on October 9, 2012 

twins put themselves to sleep

I've been watching this crazy video of twin toddlers who put themselves to bed over and over again -- because it's pretty damn cute, for one thing. But also because I cannot believe my eyeballs! Two little boys who don't look a bit sleepy run off to their matching cribs, scale the things, plunk themselves in, and go right to sleep with their blankies and bottles. You have to see it to believe it, and even then you might be wondering to yourself if it's all just a stunt.

Right? That never happens! Well, I don't want to say "never" because I'm sure there are toddlers out there who put themselves to bed this enthusiastically. And even though I'm insanely envious of these parents, I'm also happy for them. I can't imagine how challenging it must be to get twins to sleep every night, so good on them. Just for the record, their mom doesn't know how this happened, either. Kids -- always a mystery!

Do your little ones put themselves to sleep like this or do they need more help?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Yes my son puts himself to sleep. Always has
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM

DD is pretty good about putting herself to bed. We put her in a toddler bed though just after she turned 1.

PrincessZ20
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM

That's awesome!

Alex (5.5) has actually put himself to bed a handful of times, and even then, it's usually only if he's up waaaaaay past his bedtime, lol.

Carter (2.5) went through a phase where he would put himself to bed on a regular basis.  Well, he'd tuck himself into my bed...but whatever, I'll take it!  He doesn't do that anymore though :(

rfurlongg
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I have 3 kids, my oldest did that. My two youngest always needed a bit more coaxing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Oh my gosh that was adorable, the kids are cute to start with, but watching them flip themselves over the crib rails was pretty amusing.  

We have never really asked our 4yo DD to put herself to bed until recently, we usually tuck her in with a kiss and a hug and sometimes a story, but she has always gone down without a fuss except for a few short defiant phases.

Vertical15
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM

My kids all needed/need taken to bed and hugged and kissed before they gave up.  Sometimes they stay up later but they are only allowed a book and a couple stuffed animals in bed so the choices are limited.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Awwwww cute....my boys both need mom to put them to bed but ds1 goes to bed on his own ds2 i put him in his crib with the radio on n he is out for the night n his 2 naps too..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Oh don't I wish... Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GGsMommy07
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Omg that would scare the crap out of me them climbing the side of the crib like that!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:23 PM
My dd gets a book and then is left to go to sleep. She's 5. It's been like this for about 2 yrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN