Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

My son has something that looks like chix poxs on his face

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:12 PM
  • 19 Replies

I just noticed this today when my 8 year old got off the bus, these little bumps that look like pimples sorta and its only around his lips, he does say it itches, if its poisen ivy or chix pox why would it just be around his lips, we thought maybe it was allergic reaction to some thing, but he didnt eat or do anything out of the ordinary, i called my dad bc he was there over the weekend and it was the same there as well, so i got calamin cream and it put it on his face, I can not keep him out of school tomorrow, so I was told to call his nurse and see what she says i should do! 

The reason i cant keep him out bc he already missed 2 days due to doc appts and the schools policey and the states policy has gotten really strick about it in the last week so I will if i have to but if i dont I wont! thats why im calling the nurse before he goes in! i just have no idea what this could be! 

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
new_mom808
by Andrea on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM

He's a little old, but could it be Hand Foot Mouth?

izzysmom1009
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Pic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxiekittie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM

What is that? i never heard of it

Quoting new_mom808:

He's a little old, but could it be Hand Foot Mouth?

roxiekittie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I have no idea why i didnt take one but hes in bed now:( sorry

Quoting izzysmom1009:

Pic?

JocelynsMama1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM

hand foot and mouth ws the first thing i thought of but ive personally only seen it in younger kids

Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Adults in our area are having breakouts of hand foot and mouth. It's completely possible that is what it is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:25 AM

chicken pox do not start on the face, and it starts with a cold....within a couple days, spots will appear on stomach and back and spread slowly all over for the next couple days....fluid filled blisters form, ooze, and itch...after the scabs are present, chicken pox is no longer contagious. 

sunshine86912
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM

could always take him to a dr..they will tell you for sure :)

PrincessZ20
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I'd take him to get checked out - if he does have something contagious, it's not fair to all the other kids to send him to school, regardless of the district's policy. 

ardiaxe
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM
It may be a first bout of herpes type 1 or the cold sore virus which is usually most severe with a first episode.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN