Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Video advocating against soda, what do you think?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do you think this video is effective???

The non-profit group says:  Not just a PSA, but a video created by a man who used to work FOR the agency creating the ads for Coca-Cola.  It wasn't so bad when soft drinks were the occasional treat. But now sugary drinks are the number one source of calories in the American diet. With one third of America overweight and another third obese, it's a wonder anyone is still swallowing what the soda companies are selling.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TerriC
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:27 AM

It certainly makes you think!  My kids liked it up until the chainsaw!  LOL!  I do like that they are trying to get people more aware of the dangers.

Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
It's cute and i do think it could be affective but if for kids, i think its a little too graphic and adult. The thing that's need to be taught is moderation. That is where the issue lies imo in this country. I really wonder if one day we will be like the peopke in wall e.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I agree more for adults. . .

Quoting Mipsy:

It's cute and i do think it could be affective but if for kids, i think its a little too graphic and adult. The thing that's need to be taught is moderation. That is where the issue lies imo in this country. I really wonder if one day we will be like the peopke in wall e.

Vertical15
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM

And of course my 4yo had heard it and wanted to watch so I let him.  Now he doesn't want anything with sugar in it LoL

TonyaLea
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I think kids drinking soda is more of the parent's problem, so this video is effective in that it would target teens and adults.  

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting Mipsy:

TonyaLea
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM

LOL, awesome.  So...effective?  :)

Quoting Vertical15:

And of course my 4yo had heard it and wanted to watch so I let him.  Now he doesn't want anything with sugar in it LoL

Vertical15
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Yea!  LOL

Quoting TonyaLea:

LOL, awesome.  So...effective?  :)

Quoting Vertical15:

Vertical15
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM

True but we should also be starting from when they are young.

Quoting TonyaLea:

I think kids drinking soda is more of the parent's problem, so this video is effective in that it would target teens and adults.  

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting Mipsy:

TonyaLea
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM

True. 

Quoting Vertical15:

True but we should also be starting from when they are young.

Quoting TonyaLea:

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting Mipsy:

TonyaLea
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was very concerned about that part too, LOL.

Quoting TerriC:

It certainly makes you think!  My kids liked it up until the chainsaw!  LOL!  I do like that they are trying to get people more aware of the dangers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)