Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Healthy lunchbox ideas for a 3 year old.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM
  • 7 Replies
My dd is 3 and goes to daycare, I have to pack her a cold lunch everyday, or buy the lunch they offer. Dd can not have dairy so I can not get the daycare lunch. I am finding it had to pack different lunches for her that are healthy. Any ideas would be helpful, I have goggled it and only came up with a few that were not cheese based, and even though I have dairy free cheese for her she will not eat it. Thank you guys for any help.
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
diapersnob
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM
My boys are dairy free also. I pack chicken nuggets or corn dog or bean burrito or pb&j or spaghetti or pizza w no cheese or pepperoni and crackers or salad, fruit, veggie, lactose free yogurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Pasta and soups.  Sliced fruits and veggies with dips she likes.  Dinner left-overs?

I know there are dairy free choices out there and they are problebly twice the cost of its dairy counter part but like the previous post there is yogurt and those types of things. 

Does she know she can't have dairy?  It may confuse her if you've always said no to certain things but then find a dairy free alternative that she can have.

TonyaLea
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Could you get a copy of the daycare menu, and then just send her a modified version?

TonyaLea
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM

My DD just turned 4.  We do pretty simple lunches.  Usually either dinner leftovers, or things like tuna on crackers, PB&J, salads, homemade spaghetti-os (i get whole wheat dry pasta o's), and sometimes just finger foods like an assortment of chopped veggies and fruit with dip.  Hummus is a good dip for dairy free kids, and also can be used as a spread on sandwhiches too in place of mayo.  

new_mom808
by Andrea on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

DS gets a lot of leftovers. Many of them are just fine cold.
Wraps, sandwiches, spagetti, flautas. There are some really fun sandwich ideas here:
los-sanduches-que-no-te-puedes-comer-fotos

One  half of his lunch is always raw fruits and vegetables.

egyptian_mommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Hummus on a pita or crackers, turkey roll ups (sliced turkey and her condiment of choice rolled in a tortilla) grilled chicken strips with a dipping sauce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Tortilla roll ups!  There are endless combinations :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN