Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Were your kids easy or difficult babies?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
  • 17 Replies

Were your kids easy or difficult as babies? 

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TonyaLea
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

My daughter's have been difficult in their own ways.  My first daughter (4 years) had a really hard time with nursing, and was really difficult to get to sleep at night and could only sleep at an incline.  But at around 2 months everything was resolved, and she slept through the night.

We thought we got it easy with our second daughter (she is 4 months now) because right away she was a happy baby most of the time, a pro nurser, and really easy to get to sleep...but now at 4 months she still wakes every 2-3 hours at night.  She also HATES car rides and will scream the whole time unless she is alseep or if I am sitting in the back seat. She is also only happy if I am the one holding her, so if I go to the store without her and she is awake, I have 30 minutes TOPS before she is screaming DH's ear off.  Basically, I have to be in sight at all times.  :/

2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Easy, and still is. I suppost that means I am in for it when she becomes a teenager.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

At the time I thought he was difficult. After we took care of most of the issues at the chiropractor, it got better.

In hindsight it was just my own head and being a first time mom, that was difficult. He wasnt at all.

egyptian_mommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM
My first was the easiest baby. As long as he was fed and dry he was happy. He slept through the night by three months. He spoiled me and had me thinking it was pretty easy. And then my second son was born 14 1/2 months later. Holy crap they were total opposites. My second, literally from the day he was born, could not be put down or separated from me. I had to be nursing or holding him constantly and if not he screamed hysterically. Now we know it's related to his issues but at the time it was rough going. My third hasn't been a really hard baby but definitely not as easy as my first. The hardest thing with her is that she does tend to be clingy although she's better about it now. She just has her moments where she wants Mommy (or a boob) and it doesn't matter what Mommy is trying or needs to do.

I'm really hoping Squirt (current babe in progress) is an easy one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Ds was super easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM
I had one of each! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM
One of each my oldest was and still is super easy going. My ds has been "difficult". Took us 3 years to get his allergies diagnosed which has help but he is SUPER hyper/active and it is quite the challenge at times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM

All things considered, they were pretty easy :)  Nursing came easily, they both had a pleasant disposition, not picky eaters...neither was a particularly good sleeper, but they would easily go back to sleep most nights, at least!

mamadee1971
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

My daughter wasn't easy, but she wasn't difficult either.  She had her moments. Of course she was a picky eater,was picky about where she slept (her favorite sleeping places was her car seat,the swing that had the "white noise and music",the little glider thingy and my belly...the crib was too big and the bassinet was too small), I had to pump my milk because she couldn't latch on, but other than that she was "neutral". lol

My son was very easy.  He wasn't picky at all, he was good about sleeping in his crib, he wake up early mornings and just look around grinning.  The only time he was very fussy was when he was teething...he had four teeth coming out at the same time, then the next four, followed by the rest, whereas, his sister only "cut" two teeth, at a time.

Xandriasmommy
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Allie was a fairly easy baby. She was gassy and had tummy problems. She wasn't too clingy but liked to be held. She ate anything till about 13 months. It's been since then that we have problems. She's 4 going on 16 with her attitude!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN