Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

son with excessive blinking

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 15 Replies
My son has had some episodes of excessive blinking for almost a yr now. We took him to the eye doc and they gave him glasses earlier this yr. The past couple weeks it has gotten really bad, like every time he blinks now. Any one else ever dealt with this???? I take him next wk for his 7yr chk up should I just talk to ped about it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwifeandmom
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

yes.  def talk to your ped.  it could be something as simple as a nervous tic, but you'd want to rule out any health concerns.

ameraznkimko
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM
My son had the same thing...and actually I did at some point too...it went away for the both of us but I was really worried when he had it...it was on and off..I talked to his ped about it but she said it was normal..he doesn't do it anymore
Truluv4ever
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I don't want to worry you, if I do I'm sorry! I would get him checked out because my daughter had this problem and it turned out it was a form of epilepsy, she still takes meds to control it. Now that is NOT usually the case! Just a heads-up on something to ask the Doc about~
PrincessZ20
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I'd definitely mention it since you're already going to be there!

Could it be dry eyes or something like that?

karamille
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM

My friends son does this and his was a form of a seizure as well

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I would talk to his pediatrician.  Allergies?

mom2jrs
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Well, that is one thing that worries me because my husband developed epilepsy when he was 8 and just stopped when he was 11. I am definitely gonna talk to the doc.

Quoting Truluv4ever:

I don't want to worry you, if I do I'm sorry! I would get him checked out because my daughter had this problem and it turned out it was a form of epilepsy, she still takes meds to control it. Now that is NOT usually the case! Just a heads-up on something to ask the Doc about~

mom2jrs
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM
He has already been on allergy meds for quite some time now. When I took him to the eye doc he pretty much ruled out allergies once he knew about him taking meds.

Quoting TigerofMu:

I would talk to his pediatrician.  Allergies?

sunshine86912
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:26 PM

is it a tick?  or just blinking?  my cousin had a blinking tick..and he wouldnt realize he was blinking so much or so hard

new_mom808
by Andrea on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I agree with the others. Best to talk to his ped and rule out anything serious. Please keep us posted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)