Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Are you addicted to Pinterest? Reply to the Pinterest Support Post ;)

Posted by   + Show Post

This one's for TerriC, new_mom808, and anyone else who is suffering from a Pinterest addiction ;).  How has this addiction affected your family?  Your life?  Your job?  

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Replies (281-288):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I actually think my DH would LOVE looking up all the ideas and finding projects.

Quoting alliesmom112:

YES!!! I love Pinterest. So far dh doesn't complain too much because I get some great recipes from there

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I finally understand what you've been talking about! I think I wasted an hour on Pinterest this morning!
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Pinned Image

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Vertical15
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
So addicted! I made another dessert last night. I only took one picture and ti wasn't pretty but it turned out delicious! The husband and boys devoured it!
Vertical15
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

LoL  Reminds me of when my oldest sons 1st Bday came around and my mom insisted on making the cake.  She made Elmo-simple right?

She is color blind and grabbed the wrong colors!  I forget exactly but he was orange and his eyes were blue I think?  It was hilarious!  She didn't get it at first either!

Though I think the bottom photo is pretty good-better then I could do!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Pinned Image

Vertical15
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

5 Reasons Why Every Mom Needs to be on Pinterest

I had the pleasure of joining this amazing social networking site just a couple of months ago, and I must say, I love it! Pinterest is an online, photo-sharing board, where you can collect any and all things that you love, whether it be favorite recipes, hairstyles, clothes, fashion, health advice, kids crafts or fitness tips. Basically, you collect data for your specified, self-created, board and you "pin", or share it. It's really that simple. You can even choose whether you want your boards to be public for everyone to see, or private for your own personal use.

And, with over ten million users, this site is quickly becoming one of the most popular social media forums, just third after Facebook and Twitter.

So, now that you have the gist of this amazing site, check out my top 5 reasons why moms need to be using Pinterest.

1. It's Relaxing

You can sit back during your down time and scroll through an abundance of striking photos. People post some of the most beautiful images in the world on Pinterest. Studies show that looking at soothing or beautiful landscapes reduce stress, so I can't imagine a better stress reliever.

2. It's a Way to Set Goals

You can post goals you want for your future, in the form of a picture. It might be a photo of the body type that you are working so hard for, or a city you want to visit within the next five years, or even a competition you are training for. This is where you can post the desires for your life, so dream big.

3. It's a Great Way to be Social

You can browse through hundreds of other people's boards, or type in keywords of something particular that you're looking for. You can pin from other people's boards, plus share what you've pinned. You can also choose to follow other people, and they may even reciprocate the gesture. It's a wonderful forum to contribute to and receive from others.

4. It's a Great Place to Get Important Information

Moms are always in need of information, whether it's the right recipe for dinner, or the best cold remedy for a sick child. The savvy mom is using her resources to find the best for her family, and a social platform like Pinterest is the perfect place to get that much needed information.

5. It's Fun

All in all, this site is an entertaining pastime and it's easy to spend hours on Pinterest. Imagine how fun it can be to locate all the things you yearn for yourself, whether you're a bride looking for beautiful things for your wedding, or a single mom looking for the dating hot spots. Whatever the search, this site is sure to have it.

For ideas on how to use Piterest check out my page. http://pinterest.com/CareerMother/ And, you can feel free to follow me if any of my boards appeal to you. Happy pinning!

TigerofMu
by Sonja on May. 2, 2013 at 9:18 PM
That is great!
Quoting Vertical15:

I had the pleasure of joining this amazing social networking site just a couple of months ago, and I must say, I love it! Pinterest is an online, photo-sharing board, where you can collect any and all things that you love, whether it be favorite recipes, hairstyles, clothes, fashion, health advice, kids crafts or fitness tips. Basically, you collect data for your specified, self-created, board and you "pin", or share it. It's really that simple. You can even choose whether you want your boards to be public for everyone to see, or private for your own personal use.

And, with over ten million users, this site is quickly becoming one of the most popular social media forums, just third after Facebook and Twitter.

So, now that you have the gist of this amazing site, check out my top 5 reasons why moms need to be using Pinterest.

1. It's Relaxing

You can sit back during your down time and scroll through an abundance of striking photos. People post some of the most beautiful images in the world on Pinterest. Studies show that looking at soothing or beautiful landscapes reduce stress, so I can't imagine a better stress reliever.

2. It's a Way to Set Goals

You can post goals you want for your future, in the form of a picture. It might be a photo of the body type that you are working so hard for, or a city you want to visit within the next five years, or even a competition you are training for. This is where you can post the desires for your life, so dream big.

3. It's a Great Way to be Social

You can browse through hundreds of other people's boards, or type in keywords of something particular that you're looking for. You can pin from other people's boards, plus share what you've pinned. You can also choose to follow other people, and they may even reciprocate the gesture. It's a wonderful forum to contribute to and receive from others.

4. It's a Great Place to Get Important Information

Moms are always in need of information, whether it's the right recipe for dinner, or the best cold remedy for a sick child. The savvy mom is using her resources to find the best for her family, and a social platform like Pinterest is the perfect place to get that much needed information.

5. It's Fun

All in all, this site is an entertaining pastime and it's easy to spend hours on Pinterest. Imagine how fun it can be to locate all the things you yearn for yourself, whether you're a bride looking for beautiful things for your wedding, or a single mom looking for the dating hot spots. Whatever the search, this site is sure to have it.

For ideas on how to use Piterest check out my page. http://pinterest.com/CareerMother/ And, you can feel free to follow me if any of my boards appeal to you. Happy pinning!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN