Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do busy moms protect themselves from germs while maintaining healthy skin this holiday season?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 1:22 PM
  • 77 Replies
2 moms liked this

Protecting your child from germs during the holidays can be tough but it doesn't have to be. We gave 10 CafeMom members one free package of PURELLĀ® Advanced Hand Sanitizer and a few portable holiday scented jelly wraps and asked them to try it with their family this holiday season. With the new advanced formula, one squirt kills as many germs as 2 squirts of any other national brand* while helping to soothe your skin with four different skin conditioners!

Tell us about your kids. How do you protect your family from germs while maintaining healthy skin during the holidays?

*  Ounce for ounce kills more germs on hands than other national brands. Based on comparative study of average pump bottles using FDA Healthcare Personnel Handwash guidelines. National brands based on 52-week IRI scan data. 

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I am looking forward to trying the new Purell Advanced hand Sanitizer.  

As a mom of 2 busy active boys.  (age 10 and 11) I have to protect my family from germs.  They are too busy to be sick...or for me to be sick I should say. :).   I have always made washing hands before eating a priority but I also carry hand sanitizer with me at all times. 

I love the new Purell holiday scents!    I always carry hand sanitizer with me and these are small enough to attach to my purse or the kids backpacks

PrincessZ20
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM

We use hand snaitizer on occasion...mostly just if we're out and about and don't have access to a sink - like after changing a poopy diaper at the park :) 

My boys are obsessed with "hanitizer"  :)

Moms_Angels1960
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I waited anxiously for the UPS truck to get here with my free samples. They arrived and I opened up the packaging to find 1 larger bottle and 2 smaller bottles. They smell really, really good.

As a busy working mom of 1 10 year old child hand washing is a very important part of our daily schedule, yet sometimes there are no sinks available. With the new hand sanitizer carry bottles we now feel protected against germs out there in the unprotected world.

With the new fragrant smells and the way we can attach them to our belts for easy carrying we always have them with us when we are on the go. We get a couple of added bonuses 1 being the good clean smell the other knowing that we are protected against germs.

Thank You Cafe Moms for giving us this opportunity to sample these new fragrances and to protect my family against germs.

Leelee1008
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM

awesome. I buy the small ones with the holders from bath and body works

_Kissy_
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Soap and water. We don't use the hand sanitizers because some are more dangerous than the germs they are trying to kill.

Germs are good in our family

dusky_rose
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM

We just use soap and water in our house for now.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Kmakksmom
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:24 AM

We always have a bottle or two on hand, and the kids all have their own little ones.

elasmimi
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:52 AM

I have used Purell since it came on the market!

Rushn311
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Love that Purell  has other  scents :D I use hand  sanitizer a lot when in grocery stores. Not so much at home.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Handwashing is a big thing at our house.  It seems like our whole community is constantly getting sick, so after touching anything, rubbing eyes, blowing noses, coughing (though we do cough into elbows), we wash, wash, wash.  

It drives me crazy when I can't wash my hands, because I feel like I'm carrying germs around.  That's where I'm thrilled to have the PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer handy!   I love that my hands don't feel dried out and greasy, or smell like they'd burst into flame at any moment.  I also love the convenience of having it handy and accesible at all times in the go anywhere bottle.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN