Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do busy moms protect themselves from germs while maintaining healthy skin this holiday season?

Posted by   + Show Post

Protecting your child from germs during the holidays can be tough but it doesn't have to be. We gave 10 CafeMom members one free package of PURELLĀ® Advanced Hand Sanitizer and a few portable holiday scented jelly wraps and asked them to try it with their family this holiday season. With the new advanced formula, one squirt kills as many germs as 2 squirts of any other national brand* while helping to soothe your skin with four different skin conditioners!

Tell us about your kids. How do you protect your family from germs while maintaining healthy skin during the holidays?

*  Ounce for ounce kills more germs on hands than other national brands. Based on comparative study of average pump bottles using FDA Healthcare Personnel Handwash guidelines. National brands based on 52-week IRI scan data. 

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
MamaMandee
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Good reviews, thanks for the info ladies! 

TonyaLea
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Quoting PrincessZ20:

We use hand snaitizer on occasion...mostly just if we're out and about and don't have access to a sink - like after changing a poopy diaper at the park :) 

My boys are obsessed with "hanitizer"  :)

LOL, my DD calls it that as well!!!  I keep a bottle of it in the diaper bag for the situations you mentioned, and she is always wanting to use it.  I think it is one of those "forbidden pleasures" LOL.

LipstickChick
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM

My DS took the green travel-size Purell to school and I used the red. I shared it with 2 of my co-workers to use. One liked the scent, the other thought it smelled too much like Tootsie Rolls (?). But, they both thought it felt a lot less drying than they remembered of regular Purell.

The jelly covers were a big hit with everyone. Cute, festive for the season, and handy. I like the oblong strap that gave more room to attach to any pocketbook or bookbag. DS used all of his sanitizer in 2 days because he just liked the smell and squishing it in his hands. I asked if his hands were dry and he couldn't tell, but his hands felt pretty soft and weren't ashy at all. I found I didn't use the one at home much because we generally don't sanitize our hands much there. Only if involved in an especially germy job like cleaning out the trash can or cleaning bactera-laden raw chicken.

Modestdresses
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I would like one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:51 PM

We use soap & water.  I also mix a solution of water, vinegar & Ivory soap & keep it in a bottle for when we are out & about.

My hands do get really dry, so then I use lotion.

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:54 PM

We wash our hands frequently.

pnut1027
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM
If we are at home constant hand washing, no putting things or fingers in mouth, eyes, nose. No sharing food or drinks no eating after each other. Sneezing or coughing into bend of elbow. The girls use hand sanitizers at school
pnut1027
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I also use lotion at bedtime since my hands get really dry
copperswifey
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I carry hand santizer in my purse at all times. I always make sure they wash their hands after they go to the bathroom. If they do get sick I make sure to lysol everything and wash everything :)

blue_lagoon
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:09 AM

He's 12 and he when he was younger he was sick quite a lot. I think his immune system has built up because he's never sick now.  We make sure we wash our hands regularly and i keep Purell in the car and in my purse. I know his school uses this too and they have to sanitize before they eat lunch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN