Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do busy moms protect themselves from germs while maintaining healthy skin this holiday season?

Posted by   + Show Post

Protecting your child from germs during the holidays can be tough but it doesn't have to be. We gave 10 CafeMom members one free package of PURELLĀ® Advanced Hand Sanitizer and a few portable holiday scented jelly wraps and asked them to try it with their family this holiday season. With the new advanced formula, one squirt kills as many germs as 2 squirts of any other national brand* while helping to soothe your skin with four different skin conditioners!

Tell us about your kids. How do you protect your family from germs while maintaining healthy skin during the holidays?

*  Ounce for ounce kills more germs on hands than other national brands. Based on comparative study of average pump bottles using FDA Healthcare Personnel Handwash guidelines. National brands based on 52-week IRI scan data. 

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
4kidz916
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I've never tried the advanced sanitizer but I love the small bottles of Purell.  My kids have them attached to their backpacks and I have one in my purse. 

pootersmomi
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Ooh, that sounds so cool.  I didn't know anything about the scented things.  Pretty nifty.

pootersmomi
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM

That is so cool. I'm going to have to look for these. Great stocking stuffers.

Quoting batjmom:

I am looking forward to trying the new Purell Advanced hand Sanitizer.  

As a mom of 2 busy active boys.  (age 10 and 11) I have to protect my family from germs.  They are too busy to be sick...or for me to be sick I should say. :).   I have always made washing hands before eating a priority but I also carry hand sanitizer with me at all times. 

I love the new Purell holiday scents!    I always carry hand sanitizer with me and these are small enough to attach to my purse or the kids backpacks

pootersmomi
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I love that they come with that hook to hang on your purse. AWesome.

Quoting SavvyLondon:

I was really looking forward to trying the Purell Advanced hand Sanitizer.  To my surprise, when the package arrived there was not just one large bottle but also two small attractive hand-size Holiday Scent bottles that had the most ingenious hooks that allow you to clip or hang them. Sort of like a key chain. So smart! 

As a mom of three, ages 2,3 and 3 months the mini bottles are now essential for the car. I plan to keep them right near the cup holder.  Having these mini-bottles handy and so accessible really helps keep our hands clean and free of germs between our daily trips throughout the day. The holiday scents were not over perfumed, had a really pleasant scent and felt good on my hands.

Before receiving  Purell Advanced hand Sanitizer I only used hand sanitizers occasionally.  But as someone who was recently impacted by Hurricane Sandy with limited access to hot water during the storm, for my family Purrell became as essential as our flashlight. 

Thank you Cafemom and Purell!

Bmat
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I didn't realize there were germs not killed with the other kinds.

cara124
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I'm going to have to look in to getting some of the holiday scent ones for small teacher "gifts" at DS's school ... with so many little hands touching stuff through out the day I'm sure the teacher will love these ! I know I can't live without the one I have in the car ( unscented )

Madelaine
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Love Purell!

candycrush
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:22 AM

That is so neat. I didn't know they came with little scent packs. I need to get out more!

Quoting batjmom:

I am looking forward to trying the new Purell Advanced hand Sanitizer.  

As a mom of 2 busy active boys.  (age 10 and 11) I have to protect my family from germs.  They are too busy to be sick...or for me to be sick I should say. :).   I have always made washing hands before eating a priority but I also carry hand sanitizer with me at all times. 

I love the new Purell holiday scents!    I always carry hand sanitizer with me and these are small enough to attach to my purse or the kids backpacks

arpazia
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Oh they look so cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Quoting arpazia:

Oh they look so cute
The new holiday scents smell good too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN