Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do busy moms protect themselves from germs while maintaining healthy skin this holiday season?

Posted by   + Show Post

Protecting your child from germs during the holidays can be tough but it doesn't have to be. We gave 10 CafeMom members one free package of PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer and a few portable holiday scented jelly wraps and asked them to try it with their family this holiday season. With the new advanced formula, one squirt kills as many germs as 2 squirts of any other national brand* while helping to soothe your skin with four different skin conditioners!

Tell us about your kids. How do you protect your family from germs while maintaining healthy skin during the holidays?

*  Ounce for ounce kills more germs on hands than other national brands. Based on comparative study of average pump bottles using FDA Healthcare Personnel Handwash guidelines. National brands based on 52-week IRI scan data. 

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Replies (71-77):
Vertical15
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I keep a bottle of purell in my car for on the go.

Vertical15
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I work in housekeeping at a 4 star hotel and we all keep a bottle on our carts for in between cleaning rooms.  We also wear gloves but it just helps make you feel cleaner.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Has not been caught.  I haven't even heard anything about whether they reviewed the security tapes or anything. :(  It is sad that someone would do something like that, but I kick myself for not being vigilant enough.

Quoting batjmom:

The thief has not been caught yet?   its just terrible someone would do that

Quoting TigerofMu:

Your picture gave me ideas! :)  I clipped the little ones to my purse and my bag.  Unfortunately my bag was stolen from the car, but the thief will have some clean Wintergreen Minty hands :).

Quoting batjmom:

They have great new Holiday scents

Quoting candycrush:

That is so neat. I didn't know they came with little scent packs. I need to get out more!

Quoting batjmom:

I am looking forward to trying the new Purell Advanced hand Sanitizer.  

As a mom of 2 busy active boys.  (age 10 and 11) I have to protect my family from germs.  They are too busy to be sick...or for me to be sick I should say. :).   I have always made washing hands before eating a priority but I also carry hand sanitizer with me at all times. 

I love the new Purell holiday scents!    I always carry hand sanitizer with me and these are small enough to attach to my purse or the kids backpacks

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Hehe.  You know, I think most regular church goers probably do.  We sat on the other side in the back one day when Paul was working, and he got off early and came in halfway through the service.  He started down the aisle, and we weren't there.  He was really lost for a minute.  I didn't know how to get his attention without disrupting the whole church, though it was kind of disrupted when the visiting preacher stopped in the middle of his sermon and said "Hi Paul". LOL. 

LOL.. my seat is at the end... i dont know what to do if someone is sitting in my seat.   Last week I turned and looked at Jack like I was lost.  I'm such a dork I always sit in the same place. :)

Quoting TigerofMu:

They are handy to have in situations like that.  Like if you're in church and you have to use a kleenex, but don't want to have to stumble all the way down the pew, sneak down the side aisle and out the door just to wash your hands!  

Quoting TerriC:

My girls love the mini ones too.  They can't always get up at school to wash their hands, so they like being able to do so from their desks. 

Quoting TigerofMu:

I always buy the miniature ones for my kids for stocking stuffers (I know it sounds weird, but they love them).  Now that I've seen the new offerings from PURELL, I think I will pick up a few of those in their favorite colors/scents this year :).

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM

That's a neat idea.  I am sure that there are things that would have you scrubbing your hands all the time if not for the sanitizer!

Quoting Vertical15:

I work in housekeeping at a 4 star hotel and we all keep a bottle on our carts for in between cleaning rooms.  We also wear gloves but it just helps make you feel cleaner.

Vertical15
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Ugh, earlier this week was our quarterly meeting and it was about bloodborn pathogens.  I was so grossed out.  Though it was better then the one about bed bugs and what to look for! (our hotel as never had a bed bug infestation, FYI!)  Actually, I'm not sure which one was 'better' LOL

Quoting TigerofMu:

That's a neat idea.  I am sure that there are things that would have you scrubbing your hands all the time if not for the sanitizer!

Quoting Vertical15:

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Oh goodness!  Sounds like fun times!  I think I'd be bathing in Purell! 

Quoting Vertical15:

Ugh, earlier this week was our quarterly meeting and it was about bloodborn pathogens.  I was so grossed out.  Though it was better then the one about bed bugs and what to look for! (our hotel as never had a bed bug infestation, FYI!)  Actually, I'm not sure which one was 'better' LOL

Quoting TigerofMu:

Quoting Vertical15:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)