Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

What would you have done if your child had been invited to this party?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM
  • 20 Replies

Parents Throw Son Fabulous Sweet 16 Complete With ... Strippers!?

Posted by Jeanne Sager on November 16, 2012 

happy birthdayMost of us are trying to keep our "little babies" from growing up too fast. Then there are the parents who hired strippers for her son's birthday party. I should mention that their son was turning sweet 16!

Happy birthday, Son! Have a lap dance on us! Today, you are a man. Wait, wrong party.

Oy vey.

I think we can all agree that this is crappy parenting. If you're raising a son, your job is to raise him with a healthy respect for women. Letting him rub his nose in a working woman's tatas to celebrate his 16th birthday is hardly setting him on the right path.

But what parents do with their own kids is largely their own business.

Where these idiots, er, parents really screwed up was by throwing their little darling a big birthday bash to celebrate his initiation into debauchery. Essentially, they weren't just hiring strippers to show their son a good time. They hired strippers and let them gyrate on dozens of other people's kids!

That's where I really have to say it: these parents are morons!

If my daughter had been invited to that party (and yes, the birthday boy had both boys and girls in attendance), I would have been lining right up with the other angry parents to lodge my complaints. By 16 I expect she'll likely know that strippers exist, but I certainly don't want her in their company.

When we host other people's kids, we have to respect their rules. That means if you want to take someone else's 13-year-old to an R-rated movie, you ask first. That means no alcohol at your kid's graduation party. And it means no strippers at the sweet 16!

What would you have done if your child had been invited to a party with strippers?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:31 AM

If I'd known ahead of time, my child would not have been there.  If I was blindsided, as I suspect most (if not all) of the guest's parents were, I would sit down and talk to my teen first.  My kids need to know that that is absolutely not okay in any stretch of the imagination.  Then I would definetely make sure my voice of protest was heard!  

I would also hope that I had talked to my child enough about what is appropriate and what you should walk away from, that she would have the courage to turn around and walk out of that party, and call me.  

Vertical15
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM

What?!  There is no way I would have let my boys go to that party and I would have had no trouble telling the parents exactly why they weren't coming.

batjmom
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM

This.. exactly!

Quoting Vertical15:

What?!  There is no way I would have let my boys go to that party and I would have had no trouble telling the parents exactly why they weren't coming.

2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM

16 no way. 18 probably (slam away)

PrincessZ20
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Oh my!  I don't think I'd let my kid go to a party like that. 

I don't have a problems with strippers or strip clubs, but I think 16 is too early to be going to strip clubs or having strippers at a birthday party. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Quoting Vertical15:

I agree..
mommy to two boys,
Tyler
Aug 9th,02
Jacob
dec 28,11
gravercem
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I would not allow my children to go.  When ever they get invited to a party we call the parents and ask questions to find out what is going to be going on.  If I found out that this happen I would be calling the parents and talk to my childern that attended about it and why it is not ok.

egyptian_mommy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Oh my. Every teenage boy's dream, yes, but still inappropriate. It doesn't sound like they let the other parents know what was going on which was very wrong. If they want to do it for just their kid, well it may not be something everyone agrees with but it's their call. Involving the other kids wasn't right though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Isn't that illegal?

sunshine86912
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:17 AM

ummm NO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)