Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Sickness, doctors and antibiotics oh my!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I posted days ago about the kids and I not feeling well. After no improvement for 3 of us (out of 4 sickies) we made the rounds to the doctors. Dd has a nasty cold/cough, an ear infection in her left ear and fluid in her right. My 4 year old is on nebulizer treatments three times a day and antibiotics for his lungs. The Dr gave him a breathing treatment and could still hear stuff in his lungs afterwards. And I've got a nasty sinus infection, some wheezing and both ears full of fluid. The kids started their antibiotics already and I've stocked up on yogurt for all three of us. Hopefully we start to feel better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

dont forget OJ and chicken soup as well.   I hope everyone feels better soon.

PrincessZ20
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM

How miserable.  I hope everyone feels better soon!

karamille
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Mono is going around here.  On average its taking kids 2wks to get diagnosed because they first think its just some run of the mill viral illness but then it doesn't go away and they get tummy aches from the enlarged spleen.  I have two clients who have children with mono.  One kiddo is 2 and the other is 6.  I didn't think kids that young got it.  I remember having it when I was 16-17yrs old.  Took me MONTHS to get over it.  I guesss little kids bounce back in about 3-4 wks

Vertical15
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Yikes!  I hope everyone is on the mend sooner then later!

hwifeandmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Make sure you do the yogurt at a different time of day than the antibiotics (at least 2-hours apart), so the probiotics in the yogurt and the antibiotics don't cancel each other out.  You've got a lot of yucky stuff going on.  I hope you're all feeling better soon.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:45 AM
o my Hope everyone get's well soon.
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I hope you feel better soon!

egyptian_mommy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Thanks guys. We're starting to feel somewhat human again. Haha This stuff really knocked us down. It was weird in that it started out the same way for all of us but then ended differently. My 5 year old just had a cold & cough for a couple days then was fine. Dd has had a rough time fighting it and ended up with an ear infection too. It settled in my 4 year old's lungs, which isn't a huge surprise really given his asthma but it's hard to get rid of. For me it ended up being probably the worst sinus infection I've ever had. It's still hanging on but getting better slowly. Dh has the cold now but I think he'll be fine, no compromises to his immune system so it should be short lived. I'll just be glad when it's all gone completely.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Ugh, no fun!  Feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)