Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

hope my baby doesnt go deaf

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM
  • 21 Replies

my baby is 2 months old and as of yesterday she wont respond to any sound. if you snap your fingers, call her name, or clap she wont look at you. my mom talked to the doctor yesterday and he said just to watch her but i want another hearing test done. he says he doesnt think she needs one because she passed it when she was a newborn. my mom told me not to think about it and get upset but i cant not think about it. my daughter cant hear or she can she just doesnt choose to respond which isnt normal. i would feel much better if she gets another hearing test but the doctor doesnt think she needs one. i feel i should have a say in it because im the mother. i hope shes ok

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keda84
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Find a new DR!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Yep new dr. Doesnt matter how dumb something sounds, if i want it.one, i want it done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Yeah, I'd probably find a doctor, especially if it goes on for a few more days and he won't refer you for one.  If he's not taking you seriously now, then who knows how he'll be in other situations down the road.

BramblePatch
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM
You need to have it check....it could be a hearing issue, or neurological....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Why is mom calling and not you?  Is there any chance their ears are stuffed up from congestion?  I would take the baby in just for an ear exam.

Jadegirl1819
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I agree.  Time for a new doctor.  Can you get her into an ENT?

jillian9412
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

idk cuz she thinks im not responsible enough to take care of my kids medical needs and stuff. she had acid reflex and for a whole week she was spitting up, screaming, and not sleeping and the doctor didnt put her on the medicine until last sunday and i was crying because i had no sleep and she was just hurting and having a terrible life. the doctor kept trying other things like switching formula to soy and putting her on rice cereal which made it worse and i was mad that i literally yelled at my mom and told her that if she doesnt tell him to put her on the medicine i will becase this is retarted and she finally called him and then he didnt call her till 2 days later and didnt send it to the pharmacy till the afternoon so i was pissed

jillian9412
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

my mom is a RN in the family pediatric floor of a hospital so she thinks she knows everything

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Quoting LoveMyLos:

Yep new dr. Doesnt matter how dumb something sounds, if i want it.one, i want it done!

mommy to two boys,
Tyler
Aug 9th,02
Jacob
dec 28,11
Sonata8
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM
It does sound like you need to find a new doc.

Quoting jillian9412:

idk cuz she thinks im not responsible enough to take care of my kids medical needs and stuff. she had acid reflex and for a whole week she was spitting up, screaming, and not sleeping and the doctor didnt put her on the medicine until last sunday and i was crying because i had no sleep and she was just hurting and having a terrible life. the doctor kept trying other things like switching formula to soy and putting her on rice cereal which made it worse and i was mad that i literally yelled at my mom and told her that if she doesnt tell him to put her on the medicine i will becase this is retarted and she finally called him and then he didnt call her till 2 days later and didnt send it to the pharmacy till the afternoon so i was pissed

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)