Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

5yr olds blood pressure

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM
  • 18 Replies
2wks ago i took my my son to the dr for a follow up on, his blood pressure was a bit high so his dr told me to bring him back in 2 wks. I took him back and it was still slightly raised it was 113 and was supposed to be 85/90 his dr said just to watch his diet but i dont allow my son to eat bad foods or salty foods. So theres noway it can be his diet. Today i took him to urgent care bcuz he has the stomach flu and it was 122 but that dr said nothing about it. My son is a healthy active boy so im kinda lost. Should i get a 2nd opinion or trust the dr judgement?

boy kissing mombootreat those that are older than you as your grandparents, those your own age as your brothers and sisters, and those who are younger than you as your children. the world is one big family. -master cheng yen-

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DomsMom8207
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Also today it couldve been raised bcuz he was freaking out thinking he had to get a shot and was crying when they did his blood pressure.
Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Which number is that? Is it the top or bottom number that high?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DomsMom8207
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM

boy kissing mombootreat those that are older than you as your grandparents, those your own age as your brothers and sisters, and those who are younger than you as your children. the world is one big family. -master cheng yen-

Xandriasmommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM
What was the bottom number?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Did you give your son any decongestants while he was sick?  Those meds will raise the blood pressure.

DomsMom8207
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM
The bottom was normal , the top one was high. And no i didnt give him any medication.
karamille
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

The top number can be stress-driven.  Its the bottom number you really want to watch out for.  I would definitely cut back on hidden salt in foods.  Look at lables and see what % of salt is in the foods he eats.  Increase his water intake as well.  If its still staying up there a bit, you would be right to question it.  High BP can be a sign of kidney issues too.  

PrincessZ20
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Quoting karamille:

The top number can be stress-driven.  Its the bottom number you really want to watch out for.  I would definitely cut back on hidden salt in foods.  Look at lables and see what % of salt is in the foods he eats.  Increase his water intake as well.  If its still staying up there a bit, you would be right to question it.  High BP can be a sign of kidney issues too.  

Yep, this!

Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Yup yup, I second this

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting karamille:

Yep, this!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunshine86912
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:24 AM

read those lables!  I found out (when my eyes were swollen EVERY morning) I cant do like any salt at night time..that includes salt in canned veggies or anything.  So I have to read every lable

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN