Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Kids and fruits and veggies

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

OK do your kids eat them?  If not are you OK with it? 

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhmomma
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

My son has Carbohydrate Malabsorption.  He has to eat love carbs, sugar and we cut HFCS out of his diet.  It has helped so much.  Well he hates fruits and veggies.  Once in awhile he will eat pasta with spinach in it.  Oh and he love corn on the cob and green beans.  I think thats it.  For fruit all he eats is natural apple sauce.  That is it.  I do not push it due to his diet.  I suppliment with vitamins but it does drive me insane.

My DD is a little more adventurous.  Not much but she does love fruits.

I am open for suggestions to help

Vertical15
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this

They eat them.  If they didn't I would NOT be OK with it.  Fruit and veggies are an important part of a balanced, healthy lifestyle.

batjmom
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:19 PM

My kids do eat a lot of fruits and vegetable.  Its getting them to try something new that does not always go so easy.  I usually offer a new vegetable a couple different ways to see what taste they like better.  

mhmomma
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Quoting Vertical15:

They eat them.  If they didn't I would NOT be OK with it.  Fruit and veggies are an important part of a balanced, healthy lifestyle.

I wish. My ds unfortunate I can not force the issue. He has diet restrictions. Fruits and veggies are loaded with carbs and sugar. And sadly he has made the connection that fruits and veggies make him gassy. Blah I wish. My dd is getting braver with fruits and veggies. She is pretty good with fruits. It's the veggies we are working in. 

TonyaLea
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM

My 4 year old eats them both, she doesn't always like them, but she isn't given a choice.  Overall, though, she is a good eater.

Vertical15
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Obviously if there was health restrictions I wouldn't feel like I do, I'm sure.  Does he take something to make up for the lack of fruit and vegetables?

Quoting mhmomma:

Quoting Vertical15:

I wish. My ds unfortunate I can not force the issue. He has diet restrictions. Fruits and veggies are loaded with carbs and sugar. And sadly he has made the connection that fruits and veggies make him gassy. Blah I wish. My dd is getting braver with fruits and veggies. She is pretty good with fruits. It's the veggies we are working in. 

Aamy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Yep. Both kids love fruits and veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhmomma
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM

He takes a multi vitamin and acidopholus with probiotics and bifodus and a calcium vitamin because he does not drink milk due to the carbs and sugar in it.  Frustrating but none of his doctors are concerned.  He is a big meat eater hehe

Quoting Vertical15:

Obviously if there was health restrictions I wouldn't feel like I do, I'm sure.  Does he take something to make up for the lack of fruit and vegetables?

Quoting mhmomma:

Quoting Vertical15:

mhmomma
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Thats awesome

Quoting Aamy:

Yep. Both kids love fruits and veggies.

PrincessZ20
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Mine do!  They're just as happy to snack on bananas and carrots as they are to snack on cookies and chips.  But DH and I love fruits and veggies as well, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)