Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

yoga for kids

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

Any ones kids do it?  Home or studio?  How did you find it?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
batjmom
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Only yoga my kids have done is from the wii fit.    They both actually really like it but even with that I've limited the amount the first few times because of them not being use to it.   My DS2 spend a little too much time once and had sore legs the next day. 

Vertical15
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Same as Sarah, we've done the yoga on the Wii Fit.  The like it but its a little advanced for my youngest.  He likes to try though!

mhmomma
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Ya we have the wii fit yoga too. Well the other day my dd Girl Scout troop attended a yoga event another troop ran. The instructor said my dd was a natural. Well her and her best friend. They are 8-9. My dd was able to hold the tree pose without swaying or moving for like 5 minutes. She only stopped because the instructor asked her to. He was amazed at her ability to do it. I have been looking in the area and it is sooooo expensive.  Ugh I really wish we could afford it. She loved it

batjmom
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Quoting Vertical15:

Same as Sarah, we've done the yoga on the Wii Fit.  The like it but its a little advanced for my youngest.  He likes to try though!

I was surprised the first time Tanner wanted to try it...but he did like it

Dekotasmama
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Does anyone know if they make a kid's yoga for the Wii fit
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Mine have done it on the Wii a few times, and have copied some of the stuff I've done.

Our Y has a kids yoga class, but it's during school hours.  Alex did it a few times before he started school though.  It's really cute, they add in animal noises and names for the different poses :)

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM

We do Yoga at home. We have Yoga DVDs.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:18 AM

The local library has videos, and there are yoga shows on TV.  I think the stretching and flexibility is good for your body, so I let my kids do it, as long as the instructor is not some mystic who is filling their head with weird ideas.

egyptian_mommy
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
They've never done it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)