Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

4month old crying like hell!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:09 AM
  • 13 Replies
From about 2 months on after we found out Ryan has acid reflux he has been on zantac and we use Dr Brown's bottles and gentle ease formula. He had done very good up until this week about sleeping threw the night. All of a sudden he has started being fussy all day and waking up screaming multiple times at night.

I have no clue what the problem is. When these crying bursts happen he won't eat . He gums aren't swollen or inflamed. He isn't gassy. What could be wrong?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:06 AM

maybe the combo isn't working for him anymore...have you called the dr?

HunternChase
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:08 AM
Maybe he needs his Zantac upped.. Garrett would get like that and that is what needed done..
mhmomma
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I agree Zantac might need to be upped. Call the ped and tell them he is having a hard time again.  Or maybe his formula is not working.  It takes a few weeks to ge tthe full effect.  Good luck.  My son was colicky ontop of the acid reflux.  He screamed for an entire year.  LOL

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM

The combination of medicines may not be cutting it anymore.  I'd get him checked out.

karamille
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Zantac is very weight sensitive.  IT has to be readusted often.  You might ask your dr about prevacid.  Its the next line of defense, works much better, and isn't nearly as weight sensitive.  The only difference is zantac helps almost immidiately where prevacid takes about 2wks to shut down the pumps, so it can get worse before it gets better.  Many drs will layer them during transition which is totally fine to do.  Good luck!  

Ichthus
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM

When was he last vaccinated? This can be a symptom of a vaccine reaction. Just something to consider.

tristahope
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM
My baby done this and had acid reflux really bad and was on the same kind of medicine and in the end they had to put her on Goat Milk.
PrincessZ20
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Could it be a growth spurt or teething?

Otherwise, I agree, the medication dose may need to be adjusted.

Awilliams2124
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

nutramigen! its a little exspensive but works wonders!

MommyT642
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Well I originally thought it was teething, then it dawned on me this morning that might be an ear infection so I got him to the doctor. It turned out wasn't either or colic. He has a viral throat infection. My doctor told me to go ahead and give him motrin and Tylenol rotated throughout the day and that if I had a nother very rough night to call first thing in the morning and she would put him on antibiotics.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN