Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

8 Out of This World Christmas Trees Like Never Before

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.redtri.com/kids/crazy-christmas-tree-decorations?utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=All-Cities-Newsletter-2012-11-30

We all love the classic and beautiful traditional Christmas tree, but it seems that every year, people go more and more over-the-top with their seasonal decorations. We've seen Christmas trees ranging from clever to outright crazy, and we have to admit that they're pretty impressive. Is there any chance you'll convert to a non-traditional tree this year? Check out our list below for some inspiration (or just a good laugh!).

Does your family go for the traditional route or do you like to spice up your decorations? Let us know in the comment section below!

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
4 moms liked this

Book Christmas Tree
Here's one way to get your kids interested in reading. This clever tree comes from the Cairns Library in Australia--maybe you can pull off a smaller version with a few of the kiddo's favorite books.

Vertical15
2 moms liked this

Tree-cycle
This innovative creation in Sydney, Australia made use of recycled bicycles to create a unique and lasting holiday memory. This tree definitely puts a new spin on recycling!

Vertical15
1 mom liked this

Upside-Down Christmas Tree
If you're sick of your garden-variety, right-side-up Christmas tree, maybe you should go for an upside-down tree like this one from Hammacher Schlemmer, complete with 800 lights. Then again, the $600 price tag might be enough to keep you loyal to your good ol' evergreen...

Vertical15

Origami Christmas Tree
How adorable is this little tree? Even if you're not skilled in the art of paper folding, you've got to give props to the nimble-fingered folks who can pull this off!

Vertical15
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Vote for Me Christmas Tree
Why does the Fourth of July get to hog all the patriotism? Celebrate America even in December with this crazy tree from Treetopia, complete with light-up stars and festive red and white stripes.

Vertical15
1 mom liked this

Spiral Christmas Tree
Can you imagine seeing this eye-catching tree in your neighbor's window? We've never seen anything like it--and we bet it would be a hoot to decorate.

Vertical15
3 moms liked this

Midtown Christmas Tree
We're super impressed by this cool tree in Tokyo displaying tons of Santa Claus dolls. We've got some serious respect for whoever filled it up!

Vertical15
1 mom liked this

Christmas Tree Ornament Mobile
Maybe all these crazy trees have caused you to wax philosophical: "Why do we need a tree anyway?" If you're feeling crafty, you can always cut out the tree entirely and stick with everyone's favorite part: the ornaments.

Vertical15
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

We go pretty traditional.  Decorating with pronaments we have collected/made over the years. 

One year when it was just my oldest and I, I couldn't afford a tree so I had a poster board I drew a tree on and we painted the decorations and hung it in the living room in our tiny apartment and I set the presents out under that.  It may sounds sad but it was one of my fondest memories.

batjmom
by Sarah on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this

More room for all the gifts under that tree :)

Quoting Vertical15:

Upside-Down Christmas Tree
If you're sick of your garden-variety, right-side-up Christmas tree, maybe you should go for an upside-down tree like this one from Hammacher Schlemmer, complete with 800 lights. Then again, the $600 price tag might be enough to keep you loyal to your good ol' evergreen...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN