Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Worried about meningitis

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

I hear all this stuff about meningitis and that teens need to be vaccinated - does anybody know about where to get help?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM

My oldest had a vaccine for it before he started college.  You should be able to get more information from your pediatrician or family doctor or county/city health department.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I was required to be vaccinated before starting college.  Check with your doctor.

egyptian_mommy
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Idk but the Dr is probably a good person to ask if you have one who will take the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:10 AM

my nephew got the vaccine but it didn't cover the strain that almost killed him at 19yrs old...the vaccine doesn't cover the strain that kills 1 out of 2 people, and thats the kind my nephew had.  And theres' also the viral meningitis for which there is no vaccine.   

MELRN
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I can tell you  in the past 2 seasons I personally took care of 3 students  who all died of meningitis and all of them were vaccinated   (all 3 were vaccinated in february and died the same year in October)    it is my humble oppinion that all this vaccinating (combind with anti microbial everything)   we do leaves our immune system unable to handle infections that (should one that is strong)  are in our enviornment -- and the microbes are getting stronger while our immune systems are getting weaker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN