Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

I think my 7 year old daughter is being bullied/picked on at school.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM
  • 21 Replies
The past three days our daughter (2nd grader) has been acting off, just not herself. She has not ate, she's been walking around like she's sick and she's just acting so strange. Hubby (her dad) talked to her last night and he finally got some info. She said that the kids at school aren't nice to her and that there are two little girls who say they are going to kill her!!! Im pissed, irate, speechless...too many emotions. Im heartbroken. My poor little girl. And this is serious bullying! I called her school this am and told them I am keeping her home and the school is going to call me when the principal is there. Her and I are going to go talk to him. But Im extremely worried about my daughter. I don't even know if I want her going to this school anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MELRN
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

You're doing the right thing by keeping her home until you talk with the principle.  I would also call the other girls parents myself and tell them.

If it continues  I would pull my kids out of school and I would work  hard tomake the PS pay for it...in our district we have had 3 suicides in our middle school n the last 1 year....    this year 5 children who's parents proved the bullying and that the school could not stop it have their kids in Private school and our district is paying the tab...they took it to court and they won!

one other thought you need to instill pride and confidence in YOUR dd including self defence.... (YMCA and martial arts places are great for self defence classes and courag building)  a lot will be you pointing out all her wonderful attributes  

Vertical15
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats so sad.  Kids these day s have gotten VERY mean.  I hope the school can offer some hope.  *hugs*

pnut1027
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry to hear this. I know how you are feeling. Last yr when my DD was 7yrs & in 2nd grade she was being bullied at the bus stop in the morning. I wrote a note to the principal explaining what was going on & that i would be dropping her off & picking her up everyday. They did talk to the 3 boys & called their parents & were told if the bullying happened again they would be kicked off the bus & suspended from school. She to was acting weird , she was having severe mood swings she would be okay one minute, then get really crabby then start crying. I was finally able to get out of her what was going on. And told her she should have told me sooner so I could have taken care of it sooner & it's not her fault. It took a lot of reassurance & talking to her from DH & I but her confidence is back & she is so much happier. Good Luck & I hope this gets taken care of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillian_G1
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I would definitely talk to the school. I had a similar situation with my 8 yr old son last year. But he was also being physically assaulted by older kids. The principal had done nothing to the kids so I called the school board and filed a complaint, and filed charges against the school for failure to protect a child. Now they make sure they watch all the kids. What I did made the school crack down on bullying

egyptian_mommy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM
That's awful. I hope the principal is helpful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bizkit_fanky
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM

My dd is in second grade, and very small for her age...At the beginning of this year some girls thought they could shove her around....Not happening...These girls are in her class and claimed to be dd's friend...My dd was scared they would hurt her...Dh and I went the next morning and had a nice talk with the principal...It hasn't happened since and dd loves school again..Hope you get it resolved soon...I was bullied all thru grade school so I know how it feels....

PrincessZ20
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM

That's so sad.  What on Earth makes kids say things like that?? 

I'm glad you'll get to talk to the principal - good luck!!

karamille
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

It hasn't been as serious as what you are dealing with but Max had issues with an older kid on the bus being mean to him.  I didn't know this when I went to the school and complained, but it turned out to be the son of the assistant soccer coach of the team Max was on - yeah that was awkward the rest of the season when I got her kid suspended.  He's been having some rough days this last week and he finally spilled the beans that the group of boys he plays with on recess have singled him out and won't play with him.  They told him he was a know-it-all teachers pet so they were playing games he didn't know so he couldn't play.  I do not remember kids being like this when I was a kid.  *sigh*  

sunshine86912
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM

did you e-mail/talk to the teacher as well?  and if you can get names of students out of her I would also give the teacher the girls names..because I doubt she is the only one getting bullied..so these girls need to be stopped!  that is awful!

sunshine86912
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I would be interested in knowing how this went as well!  please update us :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN