I saw this in The Stir - Has a stroller ever malfunctioned on you?
If there's one thing moms love, it's their strollers. So you can imagine the stroller recall we've got on our hands will have moms stressing out this week. The City Versa stroller by Baby Jogger is being yanked off the shelves because a faulty frame can collapse while it's being used, dropping the kids inside all the way to the ground!
Some 10,000 of the strollers have been recalled in the United States and Canada to protect babies from a nasty fall after reports of the collapse happening to several parents. So what do you need to know to keep your kids safe? We've got it all right here:
1. The recall involves only Baby Jogger City Versa model strollers manufactured between May 15 and August 20, 2012, so if your stroller was bought before then, chances are you are safe!
2. To find out if your stroller is involved, check the black plastic side hinge below “Baby Jogger” and “City Versa" to find the date of manufacture. “City Versa” is also printed on the stroller’s fabric in the child’s leg area.
3. The strollers involved have charcoal-colored metal frames with black, silver, red, or green fabric stroller seats and canopies.
4. The Baby Jogger strollers were all sold at various online retailers for around $450.
5. If your stroller is involved, you should stop using it immediately, and apply for a free replacement frame from the company.
6. To get your frame, call Baby Jogger, toll-free at 877-506-2213, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the company website and click on recall information.
Are you using the City Versa stroller? Has it malfunctioned on you?