Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

The flu??

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

My whole family has been sick with the flu for almost 1 week. My 14 month old son has it and he actually seemed better yesterday then he did all day today so I'm just a little concerned. I got pneumonia around this time last year so that is my biggest fear is that one of my boys or myself will get pneumonia so I'm just wanting this crap to go away soon! My son seems to be done w/the worst of it, he hasn't ran a fever for a couple days but he just has been fussy all day and has slept alot. His nose is still running quite a bit Me & him both have this nasty dry cough. My throat/chest has been sore for a few days and my voice has been extremely hoarse, I know his throat/chest probably hurts too. He doesn't act like he's having trouble breathing or anything it's just that he's got a cough and he acts like he doesn't feel good, definitely not his normal cheerful self. He was seen by his doctor 2 days ago and she said his lungs sounded clear and that he should be feeling alot better in a couple days but it's now already been a couple days so when does this crap end??? Who else out there has had a toddler that had the flu w/a cough that lasted more than a week?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessZ20
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM

When my kids get coughs, they seem to last FOREVER.  It gets a little better, then worse, then better, and slowly improves. 

I hope everyone feels better soon!

egyptian_mommy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM
I agree with Princess. Coughs seem like they take forever to go away. If it makes you feel better, call his dr and let them know what's going on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
We dont have the flu..just nasty colds. Ours have lasted almost 2 wks now! All of us have sore throats. This crap lasts forever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM

PrincessZ20
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:27 PM

That sounds similar to something my mom's homeopath made me when I had the crud in college.  It was a nasty concoction, but I'll be darned if it didn't kick the crud within a couple of days. 

Quoting emmy526:

Imjustinsmommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM

We haven't had the flu just bad colds nd my ds2 tested positive for rsv the coughs last for ever mine too a lot of it is post nasal drip

karamille
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM

When I get a lingering cough I make hot toddies.  For the grown ups, that is....  :)

rocky_mtn_mama
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Everyone here has been sick too.  Now it's the cold with the bad cough and it seems to last forever!

I hope you all feel better soon.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:10 PM
I would call again--this stuff can go to your lungs kind of fast. Docs seem to prescribe nebulizer breathing treatments now for this, even if they just do one in the office. Trying to get over some kind of crud myself.
NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Did you guys get flu shots? I am just asking, because it seems like all the ones at my church who got flu shots are getting the flu.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)